Love Like Christ's

Love Like Christs

I Corinthians 13
1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

Allow me to first direct your attention to chapter fifteen of first Corinthians. There you will find love translated from Greek (agapao) and it means love like Christ’s love. True love is a charitable love. We have no word that describes God’s love. Charity is as close as bible scholars today can arrive at “agapao”...Love like Christ has. Love of Christ’s type is to love more than you love thyself and treat your neighbor accordingly.

Often times Christians move about in a hurry fulfilling their own goals and interests. A quick “I love you” in passing, leaving, or discontinuing a quick conversation is no more than chatter. Chatter without love is like the sound of music without a soul.

Singing praises to God without meaningful love is merely the hissing of a serpent. Satan does that. The planned and practiced love expressed in great swelling words without love is like unto a bird locked into a cage. It sits on its perch and spreads it’s wings but in truth cannot fly. God looks at the heart. Christians, let’s get it right. Practice love with legs. Pray for love’s expression from a true heart. When we teach others, teach a love like Christ’s love. Godly counsel must always have a love base. Know God, know peace. Amen. 09-07-2019 BLL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

Know Peace