Yet a Little Sleep...the Wayfarer 9/7/17

Image result for yet a little sleep, art



Yet a Little Sleep
 9/7/17


"How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy sleep?
Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep:
So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth, and thy want as an armed man."
(Proverbs 6:9-11)

As  sleep continues, as the apathetic continue in apathy, as no cry for help is given to the only One who can give that help, the poverty of all morality and all that has been given by God becomes more apparent, along with the want throughout the world, brought by armed men in pursuit of the destruction of that very morality, and of the promises made by our God.


"So I returned, and considered all the oppressions that are done under the sun: and behold the tears of such as were oppressed, and they had no comforter.
Wherefore I praised the dead which are already dead more than the living which are alive.
Yea, better is he than both they which hath not been, who hath not seen the evil work under the sun.
Again, I considered all travail, and every right work, that for this a man is envied of his neighbor. This is also vanity and vexation of spirit."
(Ecclesiastes 4: 1-4)


Oppression and travail abound and are abundantly visible leaving many void of hope, void of promise, void of any comfort as they continue to search for that comfort among the visible, politically correct, yet false promises given by all those from whom they expect to derive that comfort.

Advantage is taken of all sympathy, all empathy, all attempts to assist and give succor to those in need, by those whose greed exceeds the capacity of the benevolence of those offering them.

Even as advantage is taken, granting the wants of those in power, the poverty increases in magnitude as the  needs most important are ignored, for the physical dictated solely by greed for power and the "substance" of what is available and visible, that which creates that greed for the physical and the poverty that accompanies it of the souls in search only of more of the same.

While this "substance" is forefront in the minds and agenda of men, even more attacks on those seeking the needs continue.

These attacks are ignored, even by the self proclaimed "elect" who confine their concern only for themselves without regard to the martyrdom of those with whom they claim brotherhood and affinity.

Yet comfort is available, succor is available, the needed help is available as has been promised.

The time has come to reach the reachable, teach the teachable, stand together in the endurance required, reminding those truly in need of where that comfort may be found if sought instead of submitting to the wiles of those in denial of that very comfort.

"Never the less I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Of sin, because they believe not on me;
Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
I have many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
Howbeit  when he, the Spirit of truth, is come he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father."
(John 16:7-16)


That promise is as valid now as it was the day it was given by Christ Jesus to those disciples gathered with him before his crucifixion, and those gathering to await that return.

Yet  the promise is forgotten, or ignored as are the simple requirements for that promise given in the simple message preached by Christ of repentance for redemption and in his commandment of love, as the commission given by him goes unheeded by those claiming the affinity of that promise....Still they sleep!

"And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep,, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?
Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.
And he came and found them asleep again: for their eyes were heavy.
And he left them, and went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words.
Then cometh he to his disciples, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest: behold: the hour is at hand, and the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.
Rise, let us be going, behold he is at hand that doth betray me."
(Matthew 26:40-46)


How long will you slumber?


As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
Behold, I stand at the door and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
To him that overcometh, will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches."
(Revelation 3:19-22)


Even so, come quickly, Lord Jesus!
Amen and Amen
the Wayfarer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

Know Peace