Small Still Voice

 

Small Still Voice

It has been wisely said that God ‘speaks in a small, still voice. Often times the chatter and clatter of our own voices overshadows the words spoken of God. Some say that they wish God would speak to them as to others. God is no respecter Father. Could it be that we are not listening? Maybe we are in too great of a hurry. Maybe we have too many other voices in our heads. It could be that we are so far from Him that we cannot hear his voice. Sometimes we don’t like what He is saying so we ignore the voice. Our minds drift when in conversations with God and leave Him without a listener. Whatever the cause, we too often ignore that still small voice of God; why?

Genesis 3:8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.” (They were ashamed)

Genesis 4:10 And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.” (Am I my brothers keeper – an excuse)

    Moses heard the voice from the burning bush. He knew it was God speaking. Yet he had many excuses to what God commanded him to complete. God speaks to individuals as well as to crowds.

    Luke 9:35 “And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.” (36) And when the voice was past, Jesus was found alone. And they kept it close, and told no man...”

John 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.”
John 10:3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.”
John 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. (John 10:27) My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:”
When Jesus walked the earth, men heard his voice as their own. What they heard caused them to crucify him as a sacrifice for our sins. He died on the cross but he would rise to live evermore. (Mark 15:37) And Jesus cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost.”
Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.”
Know God, know peace. Amen. 03/23/21 BLL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day