Not Been Heard

 

Not Been Heard

I know a gospel song having the words; “oft times I rise from the alter of prayer knowing that I’ve not been heard.” This I have experienced. You may have felt it also. Why did we think God had not heard our prayer? Is there a possibility that we have too many other voices in our head? Could we have drifted so far away from Him that we no longer hear? Perhaps, we don’t want to hear His reply! You can be sure that we hear God’s voice; He said we would. Old Slew-foot wants to keep us doubting everything concerning God. How about trying rejecting the wares of the devil.

Whatever the blocking factors, this is a very serious situation. Hearing and knowing His voice is essential to our relationship with our Lord. Who knows when the window of opportunity to “make things right” will close? I have been taken away with cares of life, future planning and building earthly treasures. Though Loving and serving God, He did not have my full attention. It was a fault of my flesh; no more!

Some unknown soul composed words similar to these: “The Lord knows I’m guilty, of living my life. Like there is always tomorrow, for making things right. But our days are numbered, like the hairs on our head. No man knows the hour that he’ll shake hands with death.” (Matthew 10:30) “But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.” Relation 3:3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.”

Matthew 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. (Luke 12:40) Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not. (Mark 13:32) But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.”

Many situations in this life are unclear. However, one situation is very clear. You don’t have to go home, but you can’t stay here.”

Know God, know peace. Amen 03/24/21 BLL


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day