The Church Part Five

THE CHURCH PART FIVE
I suppose that it is needful for us to pause and take a look at the development of Christianity. One could refer to it as the “old path.”
Jesus begin his ministry following His baptism by John in the Jordan. It was during the rule of Pilate. He brought the message of: "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." (Matthew 4:12–17). The subsequent chronology for his ministry could be: Temptation, Sermon on the Mount, Appointment of the Twelve, Spiritual Miracles, Temple Money Changers, Last Supper, Arrest, Trial, Passion, Crucifixion on Nisan 14th (John 19:14, Mark 14:2, Gospel of Peter) or Nisan 15th (Synoptic Gospels), entombment by Joseph of Arimathea and Nicodemus, Resurrection by God and Resurrection appearances of Jesus to Mary Magdalene and other women (Mark 16:9, John 20:10–18), Simon Peter (Luke 24:34), and others, (1Cor.15:3–9), Great Commission, Ascension and seating beside the Father in Heaven. Yet to come: Taking out of the Church, Second Coming Prophecy to fulfill the rest of Messianic prophecy such as the Resurrection of the dead, the Last Judgment, and establishment of the Kingdom of God and the Messianic Age.
It could be that this outlines the “Old Path” referenced in Jeremiah 6:16 “”Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.”
Certainly we Christians today refer to seeking the old path (s) as meaning to return to the purity and simplicity of Christian teaching during that period. So did Jeremiah urge such in his time. Today and the short future of the church on earth that is left, will o doubt, crave such a return to this youthful worshiping style.
However there are seven church periods described for us in Revelation. We can place our beliefs and worship methods somewhere between the sixth and seventh church period. We would be wise to seek the old path Jeremiah spoke about and finding it bring in into the sixth church period and began once again to follow it. We, Instead will not follow it as we see see the ever decrease in our church age (Church 6) and the blending in beginning of the seventh church age.
Our age filtered in somewhere around the end of the ending of the middle ages or “Dark Ages.” Christianity in the Middle Ages covers the history of Christianity from the Fall of the Western Roman Empire (ad 476) until the Fall of Constantinople (1453), which is usually taken to mark the end of the Middle Ages in the History of Europe. The dark period in church history during this span of time experiences church age one through five. (Early Middle Ages (476-799) High Middle Ages (800-1300)Late Middle Ages (1301– 1453) Age six began with the church Reformation efforts around 1450 and 1500.
The Lord spoke of its effort in revelation 3: 7 “And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;
8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.
9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.
12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
We see these characteristics in true worship centers today and over the past five hundred years. However we are straddling the blending from Philadelphia and the Laodiceans. The last period has begun and is very evident to the knowing eye and listening ear.
14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Jeremiah 6:16 “Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.” The last church age has clearly proclaimed its modern morality and new age concepts from which they will not change. Still, we Christians of the fading church, work to revive all who will come from that God despised church that quickly develops among us. Know God, know peace. Amen 03-02-2020 BLL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day