Excuses

 

Excuses

We will do so-and-so sometime” is a subtle word for “never.” There are verbal excuses, excuses of action and excuses of omission. Some excuses are elaborate and some are simple but misleading. Some excuses may seem justifiable and necessary; most are not. A justifiable reason and an excuse rests on different sides of truth and need. To give reasons speaks to a cause, explanation, or justification for an action or event by attempting to, understand, and form judgments by a process of logic. Excuses differ in that they amount to an attempt to lessen blame by seeking to defend or justify a fault or lack of action. Both are self serving. Spurned of Satan, avoidance of responsibilities are mood altering. Having made ourselves a victim, we assume we are entitled to be our own person. Responsibilities are thus pushed away and we sing the songs of forgiveness and love.

    The devil plans each days failures. As children of God, we are even more bombarded with his devises because he wants us to deny God and come back to him. God is a jealous God. He wants all of our attention without excuses. Many have made notable excuses. Jesus recites some by fact and parable to show us how not to react.

    Luke 14:18 “And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused. 19 And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused. 20 And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.”

    Luke 9-59 And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father. [61] And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house.

    Those who truly invest in serving the Lord are full of attention to that service. Opposing interruptions are rejected as works of the devil. No one of us is exempt from these trials.  Jesus gave us a few examples as to how we should respond to His request for service.

Mark 8:34 “...he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.”

Matthew. 4:19 “...Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men. 20 And they straightway left their nets, and followed him. 21 And [he saw] James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother,... mending their nets; and he called them. 22 And they immediately left the ship... and followed him.” 

Mark 2:14 “And...he saw Levi the son of Alphaeus sitting at the receipt of custom, and said unto him, Follow me. And he arose and followed him.”

Without excuse; Know God, know peace. Amen 01/010/21 BLL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day