Turning Back

TURNING BACK
Having walked for a while on the hard, long and marking path of the life of a lawman, I turned back to serving God late in life. Haunted by nightmares of atrocities seen and fearful situations experienced, I lay in a bed of deep sorrow. Laying, one late night, awake seeking sleep, I ask God to hide the horrors of sleep and show me heaven instead. Glory be to God! I brag not of my own and seek no praise. God gave me a short vision that night and no troubling nightmares. How would I have intimate knowledge of heaven if I had not seen it with my own eyes? It was a torrential expanse of beauty that engulfed me like a warm blanket on a cold night. My mind elapsed into the wonder land prepared for all who follow after Christ and do not turn back. With my eyes shut, I smelled, or felt, the sweet aroma of flowers that shone of their own inner radiance. My eyes opened to see a narrow path of apparent glass with fish filled water below. Upon this path I was led toward the sea of glass and the brilliant throne of God. The banks of the pathway were adorned with flowers and unspeakable heavenly beauty. There were celestial beings singing but I neither saw them nor recognized their song. I had seen that once before, but here it was happening all around me.
Why did I deserve to be here, after living all my life in one of the ugliest life and job. I had come here from taverns, crying of the defeated, iron bars, and lost hope. While here, everything was indescribable in earthly terms. I awoke blessed knowing God had given me a glimpse of the smallest part of that place Jesus went to prepare for us. I will not turn back nor turn my back on Him; ever. I kmow He will not desert me in my time of need! However, His love and patience will not always tarry with a world turning back to evil.
Jonah 3:9 “Who can tell if God will turn and repent, and turn away from his fierce anger, that we perish not?
God’s people are required to keep the faith, humble themselves and pray. He has no children who turn their back as he passes by.
Luke 9:62 “And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.”
We suffer and have suffered from the threat of the corona virus. Over 100,000 people in the united states alone have felt its sting. Some were His children. The just suffer with the unjust. Still, there is no turning back.
Romans 8:18 “For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
Hebrews 10:38 “Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.”
Matthew 5:42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away. (Luke 17:4)And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.”
Revelation 2:25 “But that which ye have already hold fast till I come. (Hebrews 4:14) “Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.” Know God, Know peace. Amen 05-30-2020 BLL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day