Repent

REPENT

In the beginning, God created everything that we know about. His words were that He created all things and nothing was created by any other source. He saw His work and considered it very good. What saith the word of God? That condition would not long endure. Giving humans a free will to make their own choices turned sour. God saw their wickedness and that choice grieved him to wish He had guided rather than instructed. He dealt with our refusal to repent and live clean and decent as He had intended. He has not changed. History records the wrathful hand of God at work. However, he will spare those who repent and love Him of His coming wrath; always has, always will.
Genesis 6:6 “And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.”
Genesis 6:6 “And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.” (Genesis 6:7):And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.”
Genesis 7:1 And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation. (4) For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth. (7) And Noah went in, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons' wives with him, into the ark, because of the waters of the flood. (12) And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights. (17) And the flood was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth. (20) Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.(21) And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man:”
Genesis 7:21 “And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.12 And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: 13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.
Genesis 8: 22 “While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.
Many centuries later, God saw the people grow in number. Evil prevailed and He took measures to correct and guide. He chose to Himself a certain people and covenanted with them a promise. He led them into captivity four hundred years to keep them. He sent Moses to deliver them. Israel would be their tribal name. And Jacob (Israel) would be the father of their nation.
Exodus 13:17 “And it came to pass, when Pharaoh had let the people go, that God led them not through the way of the land of the Philistines, although that was near; for God said, Lest peradventure the people repent when they see war, and they return to Egypt: (1 Samuel 15:29) “And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: for he is not a man, that he should repent.
Jeremiah 8:6 “I hearkened and heard, but they spake not aright: no man repented him of his wickedness, saying, What have I done? every one turned to his course, as the horse rusheth into the battle.
Matthew 3:2 “And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Matthew 4:17 “From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”
Mark 1:15 “And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”
2 Chronicles 7:14 “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”
Luke 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. 4 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? 5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.”
Acts 17:30 “And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:” (Acts 3:19)Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; (Acts 8:22)Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.”
Revelation 2:5 “Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.
2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”
Revelation 3:3 “Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.” So, know God, know peace. Amen.05-03-2020 BLL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day