Rejoice

REJOICE
I nave not seen our Lord face to face but in the dark hours of night I hear his sweet voice. I rejoice in the day when I see His mighty hand at work and often hear the whisper of comfort from somewhere about His presence. I rejoice, not because of what I see but by the author of it all.
We rejoice when our hearts are glad; rejoicing produces glad hearts. In these days of many woes and unbelievable sorrows, there would seem to be cause to lament and cry. This is not God’s will. No one is exempt when sorrow strikes home. Yet as King David refreshed himself when his son died, refreshing is the better reaction to hurt. Sorrow lasts but for a season then comes the refreshing. Look now to the things that God would have you consider and rejoice.
Matthew 2:10 “When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.”
It wasn’t the star that they worshiped but its glory that they beheld: the arrival of the Messiah. They rejoiced with purity of heart and not from a glad but selfish anticipation of deliverance from the powers of Rome.
1 Corinthians 13:6 “Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; (James 4:16) But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil.” (Matthew 5:12)Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven:...” Philippians 1:18 “What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice. (Philippians 2:16) “Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.
Luke 10:20 “Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

Romans 5: 1 “Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.”

John 16:19 “Now Jesus knew that they were desirous to ask him, and said unto them, Do ye enquire among yourselves of that I said, A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me? 20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy. 21 A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world. 22 And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you. 23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. 24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
Acts 2:26 “Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
2 Corinthians 7:9 ”Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner,...”
2 Corinthians 7:16 “I rejoice therefore that I have confidence in you in all things.”
Philippians 2:18 “For the same cause also do ye joy, and rejoice with me. (Philippians 4:4)Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice. (1 Thessalonians 5:16)Rejoice evermore.”
1 Peter 1:8 “Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:”
1 Peter 4:13 “But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
John 5:35 “He was a burning and a shining light: and ye were willing for a season to rejoice in his light. “
Revelation 12:12 ”Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
Revelation 18:20 Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.
Revelation 19:7 “Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.”
Therefore to rejoice at his appearance, be ready. Know God, know peace. Amen. 05-04-2020 BLL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day