Home

Home

I hear news that many of us have been spending more time at home during the last few months. As a result, many families have grown closer in love. Some however have not. The reported incidences of domestic related violence has increased. For some homes is a blessing; for others, a torment. God created the perfect home and called it Eden. Inhabitants were not satisfied. Many homes of many designs, owned or leased, costly or cheap, for freedom or for confinement have been strategically planned and erected. Many homes are in the making; some will mature, some will not. If we cling to the promises of Jesus Christ, we have a home built on the Rock that will withstand eternal passing. (John 14:3) 1 “Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare (make ready) a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.” (Hebrews 11:16) “... wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city. (Revelation 21:2)And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.” Our earthly homes, with all their troubles, trials and heartaches, will pass away but our heavenly home is complete and ready for us to move in. No home on earth is truly ours. New Jerusalem is my home and I want to go there; do you? Consider these “homes”:
Matthew 8:6 “And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented.”
Mark 5:19 “Howbeit Jesus suffered him not, but saith unto him, Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee.”
Luke 9:61 “And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house.”
2 Corinthians 5:6 ”Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:”
John 19:27”Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.” (John 20:10)Then the disciples went away again unto their own home.”
Where are these homes that are listed above today? Some remnant might be found but it certainly isn’t a home. Yes, we are requested to stay home and dislike the order. In our “New Jerusalem” home we will experience all the fruit of the Holy Spirit and contentment, joy and exceeding happiness forever. Know God, know peace. Amen 05-18-2020

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day