Strange Fit

STRANGE FIT
Romans 7:16-22


16 “If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. 17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. 19For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. 20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. 22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:”

This morning after normal prayer I turned to the Lord for a topic for today’s bible study. You probably know my feeling when “Strange Fit” appeared on the flat screen of my mind. First I get the topic then the lesson. He led me to Acts chapter seven. I went to the KJV bible and re-read these bible verses. Paul spoke about his struggle within; the flesh vs. the spirit. He did not mention his ‘thorn in the flesh’ specifically but described the strange fit os the Holy Spirit dwelling in a house of evil clay. The fit was like unto current superstitions. The law of Moses no doubt often pressed upon him to, for his safety and well being, to do as the law dictated. The Holy Spirit within forbade Him this act of treason to the Christian faith. Also, sin appears in all lives and sometimes snags inds for a moment. That is when the battle is on. E Holy Spirit of the heart is a strange fit with the thoughts of the mind. Kept in submission by the Holy Spirit, evil does not long linger in a Christians mind. But, when the fray is on between good and evil, there is no safe ground except the Holy Ghost. There we place our faith and trust.

I know from God’s word that all Christians come to this fork in the road many, many times in their Christian walk. There are so many temptations in this physical world. But often it is not those temptations to lie, to steal, to gossip, to kill, to be promiscuous, etc. that we are tempted to do but do not. For someone like myself, it is the thoughts not the actions that can give one pause and cause one to question their commitment to our Lord. Christ died that we may live and by His Holy Spirit, we are cleaned and guarded against the forces of evil.. It takes the Spirit of God to ward off sinful thinking. I don 't dare even consider the actions. Most Christians and non Christians have no desire to kill or covet or disrespect parents. But it is the temptations generated by our own physical bodies and minds that is the enemy. Led by principalities and powers in high places, Christians are constantly being bombarded with evil opportunities. That which is lusted in the mind, in many cases, is sin already. The lusts of the man of clay are a constant source of temptation. We have to continuously remind ourselves that by Christ 's sacrifice, we are dead to sin, and we must unceasingly ask forgiveness for our failure to consistently cling to righteous being and thinking. God knows our weaknesses, so if we continue looking to God and Christ remains our advocate with Him, we are blood covered, bought, paid for and are His who understands temptation better than any of us. He will go to the father and claim that ownership and reiterate the price he paid. F we are adopted brothers of an all powerful and ll knowing God as we walk this path in the physical world, we will emerge victors at the gate of pearl and enter into our eternal rest. Know God, know peace. Amen.
01-16-2020 BLL.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day