No weapon that is formed ...the Wayfarer 11/11/17



Image result for war to end all wars art

No weapon that is formed 
11/11/17


Isaiah 54:17
17No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

The eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month was chosen for the signing of a treaty that ended "The war to end all wars" in the year of our Lord 1917.

In the years leading up to that treaty, innumerable wars were fought between nations, and within nations, each producing tactics and weapons that promised a superiority so formidable that none would dare to loose the horror produced by them.

A well intentioned medical doctor, and inventor toured continents promoting the assurance of peace provided by his invention toward the end of the American war between the states that had divided and decimated a country, fully believing that that invention would give pause to any rational human being, and stop the carnage he had witnessed simply by the threat of its use.

That invention was the "Gatling gun" that was improved upon and continues to be improved so that one single soldier has killing power at his disposal never available to those before its invention.

That "War to end all Wars" saw the invention and implementation of other weapons, or rather "improvements" on weapons that killed enmasse leaving those it was used upon gasping for breath that never came, writhing in pain from the blisters created by the delivery of a substance intended only for the use for which it had been created, large numbers left drowning on fluids  created by their own bodies as the various "agents" employed did their assigned job of annihilating, disabling, and leaving helpless those to be bayonetted when the job was finished.

Meanwhile, the simple machine gun intended to be so terrifying that none defy it was used continually on those who DID defy it, cutting to ribbons the flesh and bone of men in a battle for the very soul of their nations, each devoted to the outcome of the battles, each professing lofty ideals that promoted peace, prosperity, and sovereignty.

That treaty that was signed, nor the many signed since that day did not stop the ravages of war.

Those weapons, and the threat of their use did not stop the ravages of war any more than the advent of the progressive accumulation of deadly weaponry invented prior, leading instead to the continuation of  "Progress" as seen by those who consistently searched for even more deadly means to exterminate the pestilence of humanity that in some way was different from them.

That treaty brought no lasting peace, no lasting compassion, no lasting unity of men, bringing instead an ongoing attempt to be superior and have that superiority so respected that none dare to challenge the power held through means of suppression rather than through the means of equality.

Having had the opportunity to hear and see the soldiers who returned from that war, now a century ago, as well as soldiers from the war that followed it, and the ones following that one, I find a commonality between those, on both sides, that goes unheralded, unnoticed and willingly ignored by the large majority of a world population still divided, still searching for the peace and prosperity of themselves and their nations.

A great uncle was one of those returned from that war, forever changed by the occurrence, yet refusing to be changed by the experience that robbed him of his youth, but could not rob him of the commonality of belief in the future for his progeny that was the reason cited for ever having been caught up in the insanity that plagued and continues to plague mankind.

I remember his laughter, his exuberance, the simplicity of his acceptance of all children, his conscious effort to teach his children the TRUTH that exists for those who refuse and reject that insanity.

I remember the stories of valor that were a part of his world, producing heroes to be remembered and emulated, one of which was a man named Alvin York that now goes forgotten, despite his willingness to stand for the ideals that allowed him to be the true pacifist he was.

These are childhood memories, of what is now no longer a child, memories that have been added to time and again by others from the ensuing years that waded into the insanity and returned, some changed by their experience, becoming bitter and unyielding, others finding an inability to function outside the confines of that insanity relying on substances that mask the reality of the world to which they return, and by some who rely on the substance of the truth found through that experience that allows them to remember their mortality while remembering the immortality of the soul so outrageously assaulted.

Those latter ones, remember the time before the assault, and the reason for succumbing to that assault as they wage warfare on a far different level understanding that the "War to end all Wars" is not theirs, nor ours, to fight.

That war has been fought and won.

It was fought on a cross by Christ Jesus for more than lofty ideals, prosperity and peace, as sought by a creature that comprehends neither of them as a reality that is available to all men.

At the passing of the eleventh hour of the eleventh day and the eleventh month on the calendar, few will notice that with that passing, remains the short time until the beginning of a new calendar, a calendar that marks the beginning of a new day that has no hour, or month, but is continual, continuing in peace and prosperity beyond the imagination of creatures so devoted to the passage of time, and the "progress" they wish to establish during that passage.


John 14King James Version (KJV)
14 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?
10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
29 And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.
30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.
31 But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence.

As the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month passes, let us be reminded that no matter the passage of time as measured by man, the promise remains of peace and prosperity that exceeds any offered by man himself.

Let us be reminded of the treaty written in the blood of Christ Jesus that will not go unhonored but remains inviolate to God Himself who allowed that treaty to be written in the blood of His only begotten Son for all willing to accept it.

2 Timothy 1:12
King James Version (KJV)
12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Amen and Amen
the Wayfarer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

Why