The Visitor

 

The Visitor

Brother Bill flew for hours to arrive in Tennessee. By automobile and a brother's help, he penetrated England Valley, Virginia with a gigantic splash. Prepared and waiting, a small cabin built with love rested along the border of a babbling brook. Another brother within waited impatiently for the sound of his voice. Near four years had passed since it had been last heard. The hug and greeting were such ones as are destined for eternal greatness. The love and renewed bonding simply cannot be described. With the death angel lingering nearby, the greeting was both an awesome experience and destined to be the last of such sharing. He settled in as though he was home. He had made reservations and they were honored to the "letter of the law." He would continue in his span of life. The darkness was not for Him. He knew God but was a Christian Agnostic. He has not made reservations in heaven but prayers are that he will. Jesus said that he went to prepare a place of beauty for those who would come repenting and asking. All those who believe have reservations and the heavenly cabin is made ready.  There is a gospel resuscitation that asks this question: " If God came to your house to spend a day or two, what would you do?" Think about the changes you would wish to make in living conditions and activities. Are you ready for His visit? He is coming; He is there!

John 14:1-4 John “Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. 4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.”

Mark 12:30 “And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.”

Matthew 11:29 “Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your soul…" [Matthew 11:30] “For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

Matthew 7:7 “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

1 Corinthians 2:9 “But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.”

Isaiah 64:4|” For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.”

  Know God, know peace. Amen. 05/29/21 BLL


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day