The Black Cat



THE BLACK CAT

Proverbs 7:9 In the twilight, in the evening, in the black and dark night:” evil creeps, cat like, from lurking around corners where their snare is cast. While behind it all squats an ominous creature from the throne of hell. Black as coal, cat eyes that glimmer red with the shape of the ‘hunch black from Notre Dame.” In darkness, he swirl his magic upon the unsuspecting, morally weak and fleshly lusting. He accepts ll challenges to battle; you wont prevail. With the hoof of a goat, he kicks fire and brimstone from the bottomless pit. They devour and destroy. He is the witches black cat and her brew drips from snrled lips. On his back rides death, hell and everlasting torment. He is our adversary. Why would any follow his suggestions.

SNOW WHITE DOVE

Song of Solomon 5:16 (The love of my existence.)

5 I rose up to open to my beloved; and my hands dropped with myrrh, and my fingers with sweet smelling myrrh, upon the handles of the lock. 6 I opened to my beloved; but my beloved had withdrawn himself, and was gone: my soul failed when he spake: I sought him, but I could not find him; I called him, but he gave me no answer. 7 The watchmen that went about the city found me, they smote me, they wounded me; the keepers of the walls took away my veil from me.
8 I charge you, O daughters of Jerusalem, if ye find my beloved, that ye tell him, that I am sick of love. 9 What is thy beloved more than another beloved, O thou fairest among women? what is thy beloved more than another beloved, that thou dost so charge us? 10  My beloved is white and ruddy, the chiefest among ten thousand. 11  His head is as the most fine gold, his locks are bushy, and black as a raven. 12  His eyes are as the eyes of doves by the rivers of waters, washed with milk, and fitly set. 13  His cheeks are as a bed of spices, as sweet flowers: his lips like lilies, dropping sweet smelling myrrh. 14  His hands are as gold rings set with the beryl: his belly is as bright ivory overlaid with sapphires. 15 His legs are as pillars of marble, set upon sockets of fine gold: his countenance is as Lebanon, excellent as the cedars. 16 His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem.

Our most magnificent advocate sometimes takes the form of a ‘snow white dove’ to represent peace and love. He defies the arts of seducers of the Black Cat, with warnings for us to resist them. We must lay up God's commandments safely. Keep them, and you shall live; but, keep them because we cannot live without them. Those that condem strict and careful adherence to the Christian walk as needless and too precise are self justifying. “Love thy neighbor as you love yourself” and fulfill all the laws of God. Thus, the law is to be kept as the apple of the eye; indeed the law in the heart is the eye of the soul. Let the Word of God indwell us and thus be written on our heart where it will be always at hand to be read. Thus we shall be kept from the fatal effects of our own passions, and the snares of Satan. Let God's word confirm our dread of sin, and resolutions against it. Amen. Know God, know peace. 12-17-2019 BLL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day