Know God,know Peace

Know God, know Peace

My soul cleaveth unto the dust: quicken thou me according to thy word.” (Psalm 119:25)

The only way to know God in a proper manner to have peace is through the Holy Ghost revelation of His Word. To know Him is to love Him. In that love there is peace. But, Sometimes life’s battles take their toll. we feel like the enemy is winning, and our soul “melteth for heaviness” (Ps. 119:28). If we focus on the carnage of life’s decay, there is no peace. Only the knowledge of God, His loving goodness and Grace will we find peace of mind. David shared these intense emotions in his writings. He sought God’s face for relief of his troubled soul. How to approach Psalms 119 to know God, know peace:
Open confession and supplication: “I have declared my ways, and thou heardest me” (v. 26). Clear request for understanding: Teach me thy statutes. Make me to understand the way of thy precepts” (vv. 26-27). Reaffirmation for personal witness: “So shall I talk of thy wondrous works” (v. 27). Bold request for spiritual strength: “Strengthen thou me according unto thy word” (v. 28). Request to gain victory over habitual sin: “Remove from me the way of lying: and grant me thy law graciously” (v. 29). Conscious declaration of personal commitment: “I have chosen the way of truth: thy judgments I have laid before me” (v. 30). Remembering past righteous behavior: “I have stuck unto thy testimonies” (v. 31). Plea for God’s favor and mercy: “O LORD, put me not to shame” (v. 31). Expectant promise for future lifestyle of holiness: “I will run the way of thy commandments, when thou shalt enlarge my heart” (v. 32).
Peace of mind is as sure as the Word of God. But peace assumes our own deep desire to live in accordance with God’s Word; to know Him intimately. God will “enlarge” (fill our hearts with peace) our heart when we seek His face (Psalm 81:10). Know God, know Peace. Amen. 11-04-2019 Bll

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day