Pleasing the Lord

Pleasing The Lord

Sometime, setting on a pew listening to the presentation of God’s Word from a man of God, and I hear: “We can’t please God.” This is followed by: “God owns everything; what do we have to give that would please Him?” It began to enlarge in meaning within my soul and I pondered its reality. So very long ago, I went as a sinner lost and spiritually blind, to A church in Gate City, Virginia. At alter call, the gathered were singing: “Jesus use me for surly there is a work that I can do.” I don’t remember much after the Holy Spirit lifted me from my seat and dropped me on the altar until my soul was filled with joy. My blinded eyes were opened and I could see. I think I was suspended off the floor and everyone looked beautiful; I wanted to hug them all. I was born sixteen years old and I will never die. I left that service a new born child of the King. I stepped on and off the path to the Gate of Pearl many times before realizing what I had heard that night. Jesus was there with extended hand and pulled me back out of darkness into the light when I faltered. Thanks be to God, I walk according to the Word’s directions and Jesus is still there when I become slack in pleasing Him.

If you care to see a good list of ways to please God I recommend Matthew chapter five and Romans chapter twelve. The word is filled with things that please God but these two chapters are favorites of mine. I don’t say that I live according to all the directions given. Thank God for His mercy and Grace.

Galatians 1:10 - “For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.”
Proverbs 16:7 - “When a man's ways please the LORD, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.

Colossians 1:10 - “That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;”
Philippians 2:13 - “For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of [his] good pleasure.”
2 Timothy 2:4 - No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of [this] life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.”
Hebrews 11:6 - “But without faith [it is] impossible to please [him]: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and [that] he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”
Romans 8:8 - “So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.”
John 17:17 - “Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.”
James 4:17 - Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth [it] not, to him it is sin.”

5:48Be yee therefore perfect, euen as your father, which is in heauen, is perfect.” (KJV 1611)
Romans chapter twelve verse one: “I beseech you therefore brethren, by the mercies of God, that yee present your bodies a liuing sacrifice, holy, acceptable vnto God, which is your reasonable seruice.” KJV 1611

You should now understand that there are a multitude of ways to please God. He is pleased with his children and hHe is pleased with their godly accomplishments. After all He has bragging rights. Know God, know peace. Amen. 11-04-19 Bll

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day