Who Owns What

Who owns What
The earth is the LORD’s, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.” (Psalm 24:1)

I entered Jr. college in the 60’s hoping to get a degree in divinity. Eager to know ALL things, I hit the scientific principles of Bible history with a passion. After two years I transferred to ETSU and switched my curriculum to biology major and science minor. I had already lost my determination to prove bible truths. It was like proving apples had seed by studding a wax mold of an apple. It took the Holy Spirit to finally show me all the proof that I needed. It was in the truth: God’s, Word. The doctrine of creation is not merely a “scientific” debate. There is nothing to use for debate material save a wax apple. The opposite concepts of natural and evolutionary development versus the fiat creation of an omnipotent, omniscient, and transcendent Being impact every facet of our worldview. God owns the earth; He is its Creator (Genesis 1:1; Psalm 24:1-2; Revelation 4:11; and hundreds of other passages throughout the Bible). Only bone chips, mud tracks and superstition exist as debate material for the “Big Bang.” theory.

We Christians who hold fast to the creation doctrine and preserve the word of God as rules to govern God’s chosen must proclaim our belief. God made it all and He owns it all. Even the living creatures that inhabit the earth are His. (Psalm 50:10). He owns the metals that establish monetary value in the earth (Haggai 2:8). He declares ownership even over humankind. (1 Corinthians 6:19). He has ownership of our very souls (Ezekiel 18:4). Nothing is excluded from the sphere of His ownership and kingship (1 Chronicles 29:11-12; Isaiah 45:12; Colossians 1:16-17). And we are to manage God’s resources as stewards of the Owner. God manipulates the universe for our benefit. We own nothing. We are keepers of the of God’s belongings as given authority.

Lucifer’s error was that he thought he could oust God as owner. He truly believed that he could usurp all the rights and privileges of the Creator (Isaiah 14:12-14). Bad mistake! Israel’s error was similar; they behaved as if their possessions were their own property (Malachi 3:8-10). The prodigal son claimed for himself the right of ownership and treated the money as if it were his own (Luke 15:12-14). The unfaithful steward took the laid back lazy path (Matthew 25:24).

We have been delegated authority over the our portion of creation itself (Genesis 1:28), are required to be faithful with the “mysteries of God” (1 Corinthians 4:1-2), and are expected to administer “the manifold Grace of God” (1 Peter 4:10). May God preserve us from self-serving stewardship. Even as we say phrases like: “my time, all my life, my new car, my church, my home, my family, etc. My, my, my! God ownc it all. Know God Know Peace. Amen 04-28-2019 BLL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day