Father Fogive us...the Wayfarer 4/9/19

Father Fogive us

Please Father , forgive us,
It was not in vain,
That on the cross Your Own Son was slain
Give us the strength to wait till He comes,
And while we're waiting, may Your will be done!

As I look all around me, I see how we've changed,
How Your people forgot you, how so few still remain.
Lord I see all the babies, I hear their loud cries,
As their own mothers condemn the to die.
I see a people that once made me proud,
Now hearing nothing except their own crowd.
I see a world that fills me with shame,
Refusing to know you though Your Love remains.

I see a people racing faster toward Hell,
No longer caring for aught but themselves.
I see the hungry, so cold in the streets,
Abandoned by all caring not for their needs.
I see the hopeless, the helpless, the greed,
And I know you hear them, Oh I know You see,
I know He is coming, I know that it's soon
I weep for the weary, the lost and the doomed.

I know You're waiting, filled with the pain,
That comes from Your children who seek only gain.
I see the families all broken apart,
Mothers and fathers who have not a heart.
I know Your anger soon comes from above,
As I pray we find mercy, grace and Your Love.
Let us give Honor and praise to the Son,
Let us remember  the battle is won.

Give us endurance let mercy still flow,
Give us a song of Praise as we go.
Keep the few united, don't let us forget,
Fill us with Your joy instead of regret.
Lead us on, Father, to our home there above,
Through Your Son's mercy, His grace and His love.
Then when we get there let us join in,
Wrapped in Your purpose without any sin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day