Looking for that blessed hope.the Wayfarer 4/10/19

Looking for that blessed hope
4/10/19

Titus 2:11-14 King James Version (KJV)

11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

That blessed hope!

It has now been a year since I received the diagnosis of stage four mesothelioma and given an estimate of six months left to inhabit this miserable ball of mud inhabited since birth.

In that year, I have been privileged to see the changing of the seasons, each holding its own special beauty, own special meaning in the life of both the planet and its inhabitants.

I have seen the changes that have so rapidly consumed our society as the nation I live in makes its' choices concerning right and wrong, good and evil, direction to be taken in the future as well as that being taken for the moment.

I have, personally, been faced with pain, both physical and spiritual that are faced daily by every creature of the same humanity held by me.

Crisis in life, for family, for nation, for world have occupied the same space occupied by the body that still imprisons the soul promised release yet to come along with purpose to continue that imprisonment affecting not only myself, but all men.

I have, daily fought the cloudiness created by the medications so hated, yet required to continue that imprisonment  of continued linkage of body and soul.

I have experienced the depth of love,  shown by some, and the apathy of still many more that surprised me despite the true nature of men that shows itself in these circumstances.

I have been blessed with the ability to reach a select few reachable, giving praise for those few, and disheartened by the seeming unreachability of far many more who have not yet accepted their own mortality, or the immortality that remains so much more important.

I continue to give thanks for each breath, each clear moment, each conversation that allows me to remind all of that immortality and destination of the immortal soul held within bodies of all I am able to associate with.

It has been a GOOD year, filled with that blessed hope that I hold and should be held by each, yet seems so unattainable to so many.

I look forward, with that same blessed hope, to the oncoming period of time given me, prayerful that that time be well spent despite the confines of the disease within my body.

It is, and must be, a hope that extends beyond this temporary existence in a world that faces a final judgment by our Creator.

It remains a hope that is impossible to be taken from me, in full knowledge that it is given only by Christ Jesus to whom all power belongs despite the desperate attempts of the prince of this world to claim that power.

My God remains greater than any other creature ever in existence.

My Savior retains all he has been given, including this joyous soul which He awaits.

I pray that others may find the salvation offered, the mercy given the peace that is promised through the grace that has been shown by having offered Himself in our stead.

 

1 Corinthians 15:19 King James Version (KJV)

19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

My hope does not reside in this "life" alone but resides in the LIFE given me through Christ!

2 Timothy 1:12 King James Version (KJV)

12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
Mercy, peace, grace and hope are extended to all willing to receive them.
Amen and Amen 
the Wayfarer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day