Second Greatest Gift

Second Greatest Gift

We’ve been considering some of Job’s suffering and his restitution, We saw his earthly friends unable to assist him and in fact worsened his spiritual well being. There was no supernatural protector to aid him. The superpower of darkness laid hold on him with a vengeance. The world was without hope as nations suffered alone and forgotten.

Ecclesiastes 4:1
So I returned, and considered all the oppressions that are done under the sun: and behold the tears of such as were oppressed, and they had no comforter; and on the side of their oppressors there was power; but they had no comforter.
John 15:26 John writes the word’s of Jesus thus: John 16:7 “Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.”

Only those who know God and keep his commandments is eligible to receive the Holy Ghost. They must have been converted and be living the Christian life. The gift of the Holy Spirit, God’s Love, in a form invisible to fleshly eyes come only to the saints. That is the “Grace Plan.” John 14:15-21 15 “If ye love me, keep my commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. 18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. 19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. 20At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you. 21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.”

Jesus makes it clear and John reports his words concerning the identity and character of the comforter. John 14:26 “But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.”
John 14:16 “And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Salvation occurs when we trust Jesus as our Savior--He forgives us, transforms us, and sees us as righteous. In that moment, we are redeemed, and though we continue to struggle with sin, it is a defeated foe. Thus we have hope in the Resurrection of the saints and proudly proclaim to be one of them. Rom 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.” And s the second great Gift from God.We grow in knowledge and understanding as we share God’s word. Unfortunately, a lot of “Christians” sit in church week after week, going through the motions quietly.. How is such a devastating possible? Tragically, many believers are unaware of the warmth and love of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is pure love as only God possesses. Scripture reveal that the Holy Spirit (Our Lord) the Word was in existence before the formation of the earth. (read Gen. 1:2, Gen. 1:26). See John Chapter one: 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

John 1:14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
For us He has the critical role of nurturing, protecting and counseling all believers.
The Holy Spirit is a gift sent by God to each of His children and them alone. His presence within us isn't something we have to earn or work for. Rather, He rejoices in indwelling our hearts, He guides and strengthen, steering each believer away from danger and into truth. Are you living the abundant life Jesus promised when he ascended? We seek not life given happiness in the flesh but rather the joy and contentment we gain through a relationship with Him. If you're lacking in this area, learn of the Holy Spirit, and pray to be acutely tune to His promptings.
There is an evil spirit, the enemy of God, and of all righteousness, who is continually scramble the signals sent from the Holy Spirit. Satan attempts to lead astray, and, if possible, to destroy those who love God. How far his influence may extend depends upon our wiliness to accept his nudging. Most unsteadiness and unhappiness in Christians may be ascribed to him. While we are in this earthly body we are within his reach. Hence it concerns us to be sober and vigilant, drawing all understanding from the Holy Spirit sharing this body with us. First Peter 5:8 20:1. He has no power to lead men to sin, but what they give him themselves; nor any power to afflict men, but what is given him from above. Know God, know peace. Amen. 04-08-2019. BLL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day