The Fruit of the Holy Spirit - Faith

 

The fruit of the Holy spirit – Faith

What is faith? Ask a child and listen to its answer. I was six years old when I fully realized God’s power through faith. I had limited knowledge of Him but in Sunday School I had heard stories of His willingness to help those who ask. While playing one day in mid summer with my brother Glen, he stepped on a sharp object that severed an artery in his foot and opened a large gash. Blood soaked every compress and still flowed freely. Mother, who had wrapped many towels and held pressure on the wound, looked at Glen’s pallid face and moaned, “he’s dying.” That was my call to action. I ran, as fast as short legs can carry a person, back to the place of the accident and fell on my face in the dirt. I did not know how to pray but I called out to God as I might a person. “God, don’t let my brother die; stop the bleeding. My faith was unwavering. I returned to where Glen sat on Mothers lap drinking water, talking with no blood flow and good color. Brother Glen died a few years back of heart failure at seventy years of age. I know why I believe.
Matthew 21:21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.” [Faith in God is a fruit of the Holy Spirit; God.]
[All things are possible to those who call on God filled with the fruit of the Holy Spirit and above all “faith.”] (1 John 5:7) And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. 7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.” [Emphases mine]
Mark 11:22 “...Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. 23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. 24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.”
Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.”
Romans 10:17 “So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God” [We often place importance on things temporal.]
1 Timothy 6:10 “For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. 11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness. 12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called,”
Ephesians 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.”
Know God, know peace. Amen. 02/07/21 BLL


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day