Excuses

EXCUSES
Whether we serve God or the evil one, Adam birthed us into trouble, trials and worries. These seem to always be favorite tools of the devil as he plans each days falters. He scatters in a few seemingly pleasurable activities as distraction for his spit ball. Even these are filled with troubles and trials. As children of God, we are even more susceptible to his devises because he wants us to deny God and come back to him. Many times we falter on some stumbler he drops in our path. These are not to be outlet excuses for service opportunities for God. If yielded to, they lower our resistance to Satan, weaken our faith and disrupt our Godly living. Our salvation is secure in the Blood but our rewards and pleasing service before God are diminished. We have Job as an example and patience is not the main lesson found there. Jesus in his instructions to the disciples and gathered crowds clearly stated that service to Him is to precede all else. God is a jealous God. He wants all of our attention.

Luke 14: 16 Then said he (Jesus) unto him, A certain man made a great supper, and bade many: 17 And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, Come; for all things are now ready. 18And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused. 19 And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused. 20 And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.”

Mat, 10: 19 “And a certain scribe came, and said unto him, Master, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest.
Mat. 10: 21 And another of his disciples said unto him, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father. 22 But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.”

Luke 9-59 And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father. 60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God. 61 And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house. 62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.”

Luke 9:13 But he said unto them, Give ye them to eat. And they said, We have no more but five loaves and two fishes; except we should go and buy meat for all this people. (Honest doubtful excuses.)

Those who truly invest in serving the Lord are full of attention to that service. Opposing interruptions are rejected as works of the devil. No one of us is exempt from these trials. Jesus gave us a few examples as to how we should respond to His request for service.
Mark 8:34 “And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
Mat 10:38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. 39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.”

Nat. 4: 19 And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men. 20 And they straightway left their nets, and followed him.
21 And going on from thence, he saw other two brethren, James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, in a ship with Zebedee their father, mending their nets; and he called them. 22 And they immediately left the ship and their father, and followed him.”

Mark 2:14 “And as he passed by, he saw Levi the son of Alphaeus sitting at the receipt of custom, and said unto him, Follow me. And he arose and followed him.”

There are so many incidences when services are canceled for apparent justifiable reasons. Services and works are often forgone in light of some life tragedy or feeling of obligation. As followers of the Lord Jesus, our focus is to be God-ward; arth can wait. If we know God, we know peace. Amen. 02-19-2020 BLL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day