The Greater End

 

The Greater End

All day long the little ant traverses the home range collecting and storing food for winter. The grasshopper, on the other hand, flits here and there chewing and spitting on luscious foliage. One cares for the family. The other has no care for the future and stores up nothing. [Amos 7:1 “Thus hath the Lord GOD shewed unto me; and, behold, he formed grasshoppers in the beginning of the shooting up of the latter growth; and, lo, it was the latter growth after the king's mowing. 2 And it came to pass, that when they had made an end of eating the grass of the land,…”] Nothing was left to store.

When the season of death comes, the grass hopper has nothing to eat; it dies. The hard working ant has plenty for the cold of winter; just enough to live. [Proverbs 30:25 The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer;”]


Mark 4:29 “But when the fruit is brought forth, immediately he putteth in the sickle, because the harvest is come.” 

Luke 12:15 “And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth. 16 And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully: 17 And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits? 18 And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods. 19 And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. 20 But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided? 21 So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.”

Mark 4:33 “He spake the word as they were able to hear it - Adapting it to the capacity of his hearers; and speaking as plain as he could without offending them. A rule never to be forgotten by those who instruct others.

Ecclesiastes 2:11 “Then I looked on all the works that my hands had wrought, and on the labour that I had laboured to do: and, behold, all was vanity and vexation of spirit, and there was no profit under the sun.”

1 John 5:9 “If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.”

3 John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.”

1 John 4:4 “Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.”

Proverbs Chapter 11:4 “Riches profit not in the day of wrath: but righteousness delivereth from death.

The truth is: store up treasures in heaven where they will endure as you live, eternally. Know God, know peace. Amen 12/09/20 BLL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day