Tomorrow

 

Tomorrow

I know we all look to tomorrow with anticipation that it will come and with it all the manifestations of our labor. Yet, there is a time appointed to die. The day is sealed in the bosom of Abraham; God. Ofttimes some idolize others who seemingly know more and have gained more than they themselves have obtained. Therefore there is a great danger in loving man more than God. Know this: tomorrow may never come. Live as if you share the dream of the disciples.

Job 32:9 Great men are not always wise: neither do the aged understand judgment.”
Matthew 25:13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.”
Luke 12:40 Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.”
John 7:6 Then Jesus said unto them, My time is not yet come: but your time is alway ready.”
"If Tomorrow Never Comes" is a song recorded by American country music artist Garth Brooks. Written by Brooks and Kent Blazy, it was released in August 1989. I interpret and apply meaning somewhat differently than others as it relates to the heart of mankind.

Sometimes late at night, I hear God call and lie there awake and praying. The world is lost in peaceful dreams of fulfillment. I hear no call to action from God, So I turn out the lights and lay there in the dark. My mind crosses the boundaries of time and space. I know that if I never wake up in the morning, Christ would never doubt the way I cherish Him in my Heart. If for me, tomorrow never comes, He will know how much I loved him. I have tried in every way, every day, to show Him that He’s my only hope and joy. I am looking for His coming.

Now, if my life on earth is finished and family and friends must face the world without me. Is the love I’ve showed them in the past gonna be enough to last until Jesus for them comes?

I have wondered about lost love ones in my life. Did they really know Christ? Did I do enough to shine a light before them. I suppose it is a smug attitude that we say: “They are in the hands of a just God.” What else is there to rely upon? If I don’t know that they knew how much Jesus loved them, I live with the regret that Christ’s true feelings for them might never have been said. Now I have made a promise to myself and before God. To walk each day in a way showing how much He means to me. Thus, I avoid that circumstance where there's no second chance to show them how I feel.

If I never see tomorrow, have I done enough for Jesus to lay love upon their heart? Will it be enough to last until their last tomorrow comes.

If tomorrow never comes, make sure you have done enough to show that some lost soul that Jesus loves them. Live today as though tomorrow will not come.

Know God, know peace. Amen. 04/27/21 BLL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day