Invictus

 

Invictus

Out of the night that covers me, Black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank (God) whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul.” [William Ernest Henley, 1888]

Many interpretations are available for “Invictus.” Though the subjects to whom the advice is given is nearing death, they are encouraged to persevere. Though the challenges are seemingly insurmountable each is faced courageously without fear. However, they know at God’s appointed time, they will be compelled to enter the horrid palace of death. The time of their departure does not matter much for the strait gate of pearl is open to them. The pain of dying is not welcomed. It is faith, courage and an intimate relationship with God that will sail the dying through all the stepping stoned to death.

Psalms 23:1 & 4 “...The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.”

I suppose we all know a few who are waiting under the worlds sentence of death. It is emanate and soon God will pass judgment and their life on earth will end. Some who do not have the assurance of clear passage to heavens gate worry in dread and sorrow. (Proverbs 27:20 “Hell and destruction are never full; so the eyes of man are never satisfied. 1 Corinthians 15:56 “The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.” Matthew 7:23 “And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.”) Some are impressed to go to Christ in their suffering of death’s pains and get their ticket punched. As long as breath remains in the body, it is not too late. Those who fixed it up with God long, long ago, wear a victory smile.

2 Kings 20:1 “In those days was Hezekiah sick unto death. And the prophet Isaiah the son of Amoz came to him, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Set thine house in order; for thou shalt die, and not live. 2 Then he turned his face to the wall, and prayed unto the Lord,... 4 And it came to pass, afore Isaiah was gone out into the middle court, that the word of the LORD came to him, saying, 5 Turn again, and tell Hezekiah the captain of my people, Thus saith the Lord, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will heal thee: on the third day thou shalt go up unto the house of the Lord. 6 And I will add unto thy days fifteen years;...”

1 Corinthians 15:55 “O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?”

  John 10:28 “And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.”

Know God, know peace. Amen. 04/28/21 BLL


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day