Go on Faith Alone

 

Go on Faith Alone

The gospel writers record the event of Jesus sending the twelve disciples into the land of Judea to preach the gospel to the Jews. He commanded them to take no provisions. They went forth on faith alone. They returned no less abated for their courageous journey. They did not question. They did not grumble. They went where Jesus sent them on faith alone. We must not question where God directs us to go or what he fills our hear with a need to do.

Moses had many excuses and arguments to offer to God to avoid the task God had prepared him to do in Egypt. Moses fearfully pleaded with God to choose someone else go to Pharaoh and free God’s children from bondage of four hundred years. Moses did not feel capable or ready to go. Know that God’s will does not always wait until we feel ready. God will pursue us with His plans, and we must be faithful to obey when His call comes to our hearts. He will go with us. We must believe that He will go.

Exodus 4:12 “Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say. (13) And he said, O my Lord, send, I pray thee, by the hand of him whom thou wilt send.” (In plain old English: Oh, my Lord, please send someone else.)

God never sends us into battle empty handed. He never wants us to suffer loss or damage. He is a loving God who planned our life before we were. He is a loving God.

Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.”

Romans Chapter 32:2 “Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: (27) Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. (28) Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. (31) Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Keith and Kristyn Getty wrote and sings; “In Christ Alone:”

In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song...
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My comforter, my all in all
Here, in the love of Christ, I stand

By faith alone...”

Go where God would have you go and go willingly in strong faith. Know God, know peace. 04/20/21 BLL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day