Cling to God

 

Cling to God

These passages found in the Psalms specify what “clinging” means. The word clinging is not, to my knowledge, to be found in Gods Word. Jesus is attributed credit for making these promises: Psalms 91:14-15 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. (15) He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.”

On the Sea of Galilee when the storm raged and Peter cried out to Jesus to call him to walk to Him on the water. “Come” spurned the faith Peter needed to walk the walk. Jesus extended his Hand, beckoning. When Peter’s faith dwindled before his fear, he called out and grasped the hand of Jesus. Jesus did not grab Peter or cling to him. But, you can rest assured that Peter did cling to the saving hand of God. That is representative of the clinging faith we must extend and hold fast. Much, as a leach sucks onto the skin of a host and sucks life’s blood from it, we must latch onto Jesus and lock our hold so that there is no slipping. After all, it is His blood that nourishes our faith. Just His touch saves; our clinging ensures eternal salvation.

We must respond to God’s call on our hearts by clinging to Him in times of trouble and giving the best of our love to Him. When we do this, He responds with an everlasting love and a peace that passes all understanding. This is the promised comfort for everyone who calls on His Name with a believing heart.

Philippians 4:1 “Therefore, my brethren…stand fast in the Lord,...”

2 Timothy 1:13 “Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.” (1 Timothy 6:12) Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life...”
Matthew 6:24 “No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other...”
Hebrews 4:14 “Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. (Hebrews 10:23) “...the profession of our faith without wavering;...”

Revelation 3:11 “Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.”

I will cling to the old rugged cross and exchange it some day for a crown.” Know God, know peace, Amen. 04/15/21 BLL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day