The Valley of Death

 

The Valley Of Death

Long before COVID-19 Drove people into isolation, social distancing and church closings, the place known to many simply as “The Valley” was dying. Once a warm and loving community or God fearing citizens it was becoming radically different from the attitude of the ‘Old Ones’ and being left void or replaced by strangers. Strangers who infiltrated for purposes not of God. People who knew not the ways of old and violated the very memory of those who remained from that group to see “The Valleys” decay. Physically, “The Valley” slowly turned from a fertile land of crop producing richness into a jungle of bushes, vines and overgrown cemeteries. Church attendance dropped drastically from full houses to a handful of imported attendees. Peaceful roads gave way to reckless disregard for others. And, neighborly love and assistance became non existent for the most part. Only a scattered few remembered and practiced the way of Christian living. I enjoy what is left of the tranquilly of the place Called Willowbrook. Centered in the “The Valley,” it knows the Love of God. There, shielded from the raging storms and death, peace of mind can be had through The Holy Spirit that remains a good neighbor.

Psalms Chapter 23:1 “The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Robert Frost was invited to speak at President Kennedy's inauguration. In is poem, “The Gift Outright he spoke” Kennedy requested him, to change the final line about our great nation, "Such as she was, such as she would become," to the [more optimistic] "such as she will become." Frost grudgingly agreed and spoke.

...The land was ours before we were the land’s.

She was our land more than a hundred years

Before we were her people. She was ours...”

Genesis 1:31”And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.”

Many days have passed since that sixth day and humankind has destroyed the earth as God made it. Now on the brink of destruction, we wait our turn to escape. In that assurance we find peace. Know God, know peace. Amen. 10-09=2020 BLL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day