Never Alone

 

Never Alone

A lone figure stood on the brink of precipice overshadowing a great gorge. Staring intently into what others might call the unknown, he was motionless as though in deep thought. Although no other soul was present, he realized a multitude passing. Far below, a railroad weaved gently through a nature carved tunnel. Maybe, in his stillness, he heard the cry of two Indian lovers as they descended to their death on the rock below. Where he stood had long ago been dubbed “lovers leap.” Maybe he heard the lonely whistle of a smoking locomotive as it departed from the tavern at the railroads end bound for Kingsport, Tennessee. His mental picture could have been focused on the lone pine described in John Fox, Jr’s book “Trail of the Lonesome Pine.” His minds eye might have seen the secret meeting of two lovers of feuding families hiding there in seclusion. Possibly, he heard the clash of arms when brother fought against brother during the civil war near the tunnel. Whatever his mind rested upon, he alone knew its pondering. Left alone, men seem to stall and falter Loneliness is not of God. Still, godly people often experience it and internalize its poison. Thus it is written:


Genesis 2:18 “And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.”
Exodus 24:2 And Moses alone shall come near the LORD: but they shall not come nigh; neither shall the people go up with him.”
Psalms 102:7I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.”
John 8:16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.”
John 8:29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; ...”
John 16:32 Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me.”
James 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.”
Matthew 28:20 “Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
Alone we face God spiritually. Alone we give account of our life. Alone we work out our salvation. But, we are never alone. We are commanded to fear not in the face of lifes calamities. Turn always to your spiritual comforter and live. Know God, know peace. Amen. 10-05-2020 BLL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day