Be Not Afraid

 

Be Not Afraid



Some time in the far, far past, when the Clinch River Trestle at Spears Ferry Virginia was very young, a blind mule walked the length of if it. This fact was relayed to me by my grand father who lived in those days and labored on the railroad. Because the mule could not see the danger, it was unafraid. It could not hear the rushing water of the mighty Clinch nor its contributory, Copper Creek. I cannot testify to the truth of any of this. I relate it as I received it. But I know from God’s word that our fears spring from things seen and heard. There is an old adage ‘round bout these parts’ that to disturbing things we are to turn a blind eye and a deaf ear.” That seems, to me, to be good advice but what does the Word say.

Matthew 14:26And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear. 27  But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.” 

Matthew 17:5 “... a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him. 6  And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid.”

Genesis 20:8 “Therefore Abimelech rose early in the morning, and called all his servants, and told all these things in their ears: and the men were sore afraid.”
Exodus 14:10 And when Pharaoh drew nigh, the children of Israel lifted up their eyes, and, behold, the Egyptians marched after them; and they were sore afraid:..”
Luke 12:32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.”
John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.”
1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.”
2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”
I did not fear the height and danger of the trestle because I did not see it. I had not heard any warnings against climbing. However we have both seen and heard the Word and we are to respectfully fear it. We are not to fear things in this world because such projects unbelief. Be cautious and know Gog, know peace. Amen 10-10-2020 BLL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day