The Strong Man

 

The Strong Man

There are many strong men and women in the world today. Both groups are pumped up unrealistically on steroids and wasted time. In my day, I suppose you m ght have classed me a strong man; made that way by God. Now, my old form has sagged and withered into the shape of a parsley root. I sit in the shade, clasp my turnip swollen girth and chew on straws quite mellow. I have a strong man in my corner who cradles me and takes vengeance upon those who would harm His child. Many of you also enjoy the loving protection of our savior.

Matthew 12:29 “...how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.”

Luke 11:21 When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:
[Strong men of war may fight the battle of the devil but he is no match for the lad having God as his protector.]
1 Samuel 17:4 And there went out a champion out of the camp of the Philistines, named Goliath, of Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span.”

1 Samuel 17:44 “And the Philistine [Goliath] said to David, Come to me, and I will give thy flesh unto the fowls of the air, and to the beasts of the field.

45 Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts,...” 46 This day will the LORD deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee;...that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel. 47” “...48 “And it came to pass, when the Philistine arose, and came and drew nigh to meet David, that David hasted, and ran toward the army to meet the Philistine. 49 And David put his hand in his bag, and took thence a stone, and slang it, and smote the Philistine in his forehead, that the stone sunk into his forehead; and he fell upon his face to the earth.

50 So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and smote the Philistine, and slew him;...”

Judges 15:15 [Consider Sampson]: “And he found a new jawbone of an ass, and put forth his hand, and took it, and slew a thousand men therewith.”

Strong is the hand of God; stronger than any man. Know God, know peace. Amen 10-13-2020 BLL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day