Stand


STAND
Since time immemorial, I suppose, people have made a stand from which to surprise game or enemy invaders. Certainly, those of which we have records have reached a level in war, politics or fear where a stand was necessary. Once we humans take a stand it is not easy to be uprooted from our position. Having reached our limit or goal, where else could we go?
Sitting silently in a stand erected beside a well worn game trail running deep within the boundary of Jefferson National Forest, one has few options left to flight. My stand concealed me from the outside but inside my mind danced a jitterbug of troubles and cares. Little attention was being applied outside the flap of the stand. That’s when I realized that I had run my mental flight to the limit. If I would leave these deep woods alive, I must take a mental stand. The muzzle of the 30.30 cal. Winchester was pressed, with resolve, into my flesh. This was an unacceptable stand, physically and mentally. I left my stand that dark evening walking a different path. I realized that God was the all encompassing stand. Having known him for most of my life, it was easy to embrace His love and there build an eternal stand. These many years later, I serve our Lord as a teacher of his word and a glorifying witness to His love. I am altogether rooted to that purpose; I stand.”

Colossians 4:12 Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ, saluteth you, always labouring fervently for you in prayers, that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God.”
1 Thessalonians 3:8 For now we live, if ye stand fast in the Lord.
2 Thessalonians 2:15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught,...”
Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.”
1 Corinthians 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.”
Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
Acts 5:20Go, stand and speak in the temple to the people all the words of this life.”
Know God, know peace. Amen, 98-01-2020 BLL

Comments

  1. Remarkable things here. I am very satisfied to see your
    post. Thanks a lot and I am looking ahead to touch you. Will you kindly drop
    me a e-mail?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day