Praise

 

Praise

I praise God with all my soul and all that is within me; praise His holy name.” Often times in our small country churches we hear this chant from the congregation. Hands raised toward heaven, they repeat the phrase over and over until they are sure God has heard them. It is a wonderful and vibrant experience. We are to praise God as every opportunity presents itself. Glorifying His holy name is a primary assignment given to His children at their new birth. Of all the innate charges given glorifying God is among the highest in rank.

There are numerous and varied methods of displaying God’s great glory. We speak often of our walk of life as if it were a simple passage through time in an upright position moving forward. Yes, the fact that God created us and set us on life’s journey is glorious and honors Him. However, “walk of life” has a more significant impact when steps are trained to follow the footprints of Jesus. We trod the ancient loam of our time just as the ancients did in theirs. Falling forward then stabilizing one’s self is not the walk of life. Total devotion in deed and word to God borders on the proper walk. Matthew writes of the consummation of a felicitous fulfilling of God’s commandments; the great commandment.

Matthew 22:38 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, 36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets”. 

Matthew 25:39 “...when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 40 “Then the King said unto them: Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. 41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: 42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: 43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. 44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? 45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.” Amen. Know God, know peace. 06/10/21 BLL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

Promise

A Giving Heart