Devil's Lie # 6 Tithing

Devils Lie # 6 Tithes

I remember a time in my young Christian life when I drove thirty miles to Sunday School. I knew that I had to put something in the offering plate. I debated with the devil and finally settled on five dollars. The Holy spirit was grieved.

Luke 18:12I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.”

Hebrews 7:9And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.”

Mark 12:41-4441And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much. 42And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing. 43And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury: 44For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.

I learned through Gods word that the placing of money into an “offering plate” was not simply visual proof the church members that I was a part of the group. The devil whispered: “You cant afford to give more. You drive so far and that costs money. There are people in the group who have more money than you and they only drop in a little pocket change if anything. Just give a little and no one will fault you. God understands that you need money for other things. Etc.” I listened for a while and only increased my tithes to ten dollars each Sunday morning. I felt a little more justified.

The devil pointed out that I gave a lot of money and gifts to the needy and to foreign ministries. In fellowship conversations I listened others justifying their shortness in tighten with the same certainty as I. The old devil had told them the same lies that he had told me. As I listened I began to realize keeping back money or goods that rightly belonged to God was not only a sin but very dangerous. I learned that ten percent was to be laid aside for God’s work.

Luke 12:15 "And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth. 16And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully: 17And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits? 18And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods. 19And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. 20But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided? 21So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.”

Acts 5:1-3 - (5-10) “...a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,
2 And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet.
3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? 5 And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.
6 And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him.
7 And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in.
8 And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much.
9 Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out.
10 Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband.
11 And great fear came upon all the church, and upon as many as heard these things.”

Learning these things I committed myself to tithing ten percent of my income. That is the first bill due and paid. Think about All Mighty God before purposing to cheat Him. Know god, know peace. Amen 03-30-2019 Bll

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day