Lord, Lead Me On the Wayfarer 10/29/16

Image result for Jesus Guiding the Way

Lord, Lead Me On
 10/29/16

Mark 10:36
King James Version (KJV)
36 And he said unto them, What would ye that I should do for you?

This question, posed by Jesus to James and John, is one that bears repeating.
Those two worthy disciples came to Jesus with a request for place of prominence, a place of honor, a place of glory to be given them above the other followers of Christ, seeking for themselves recognition of greatness and righteousness to which they had no entitlement and which they were told entailed far more than they knew, to include the strife and privation required of any to earn that place.
Jesus’ response gave answer to them, and us as well as to what is required to have any placement within the kingdom, great or small in its nature… even the smallest being great in and of itself.
Mark 10:37-45
King James Version (KJV)
37 They said unto him, Grant unto us that we may sit, one on thy right hand, and the other on thy left hand, in thy glory.
38 But Jesus said unto them, Ye know not what ye ask: can ye drink of the cup that I drink of? and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with?
39 And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized withal shall ye be baptized:
40 But to sit on my right hand and on my left hand is not mine to give; but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared.
41 And when the ten heard it, they began to be much displeased with James and John.
42 But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them.
43 But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister:
44 And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all.
45 For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
What would you have Christ do for you? What is it that is being sought?
Prosperity gospel would teach only the rewards sought by men while here on this puny planet, while ignoring the privation and effort that is required to meet the requirements of the single commandment left us by Christ.
It teaches entitlement to those rewards, neglecting the entitlement to the true rewards given in turn for service, and the actual reward that service itself brings with it.
John 13:16
King James Version (KJV)
16 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.
Christ did not come to bring earthly rewards, gold, silver, wealth, property, fame, or fortune of the kind so recognized by man, but to bring salvation from the sin that separates man from God when those very “rewards” are sought instead of the reward of eternal life intended for SERVANTS, performing the service for which they were created by the Father.
Still man seeks those tangible, temporary rewards, neglecting the intangible and permanent reward given us through the sacrifice of the only Savior, a sacrifice that demands comprehension of repentance and the giving of that repentance to attain the reward intended for him.

Isaiah 46:8-13King James Version (KJV)
Remember this, and shew yourselves men: bring it again to mind, O ye transgressors.
Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,
10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:
11 Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.
12 Hearken unto me, ye stouthearted, that are far from righteousness:
13 I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.
Memory of the things of old, spoken of by Isaiah, is memory of the power of God… not man.
The righteousness spoken of by Isaiah is that of God… not man.
It is with that memory and acceptance of not only of the memory, but the continued omnipotence of God and His plan that was instituted from the beginning for this paltry creature called man.
That righteousness has been brought near to us, in the form of Christ Jesus, a righteousness that demands that we also answer the question posed by him to James and John.
It is a question that may be easily answered with a request of our own, to be led instead of attempting to lead.

Lord, Lead Me On

When the way seems dark and long
Hold to my hand dear Lord I pray
Give me grace to shout and shine
Ever in the life divine
Lord lead me on from day to day
Oh lead me on from day to day
I want to walk the holy way
Oh friends forsake me all along
I asked the Lord to lead me on
In this world of doubt and gloom
When all flowers start to bloom
Hold to my hand dear Lord I pray
I have put my faith in thee
'Til the homely hour shall be
Lord lead me on from day to day
When old age is feeling on
And my strength is almost gone
Hold to my hand dear I pray
Surely thou will n'er forsake
And in heaven I'll awake
Lord lead me on from day to day
Songwriters: KENNETH T. W. TUTTLE

If our prayer is to be led, then we MUST be led to redemption through repentance, that redemption, being redemption to eternal life granted through the grace delivered us by the Father through Christ Jesus alone.
What would you have him do for you? What more could be asked of Him than that which has already been done… the provision of that redemption!
John 3:16-21King James Version (KJV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Amen and Amen
the Wayfarer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day