The Path Behind

 

The Path Behind

It has been years since health issues began to prevent traveling trails cleared in the steep hillsides of the Big Ridge. A good friend ask, one day not so long age, permission to travel the trails. He was told that passing of time had, most likely established barricades and a chainsaw would be a necessary tool to carry along. His report, was as expected but moving. As I listened, my mind returned to those days when riding a four-wheeler on the trails was nice and easy. Regular maintenance kept them in that condition. Then came the doctor visits, sickness, weakness and work prohibiting health conditions. He finished by telling me that he would come with friends and clear the trails of all rubbish and travel blocks. He ask no pay, nor will he accept any.

As I reflected upon what he had said, my spiritual life appeared vividly before my minds eye. Yours may as well if you dwell on the hidden truths in this story and in Gods Word. I was born clean and pure. Life’s travels were smooth and easy. God kept me strong and cupped in his hands. But, with the passing of time I began to clutter my life with little things that I knew were wrong. I began to look toward my own understanding for accomplishing wants, desires and lusts of the flesh. When I should have listened to those in charge over me, I did not. When alone Satan whispered sweet please to me in the evils of life. I became sin sick. I heard God’s word. I knew right from wrong. Yet, I sinned and repented not. As time passes, what was once a clear path to heaven became cluttered with snares and blocking evil. Sin sick, foot sore and weary, I traveled on toward the easy road to hell.

Then, one day, my best friend alerted me to the clutter in my life and offered to clean it up and make it forever suitable for travel to heaven. He flatly stated that He would finish the work in me that elders had applied over the years. There would be no remuneration ask or accepted. He had already shed His blood to cover all sins. Seemed like a good offer to me and I accepted eternal life in exchange for my spiritual torment. Jesus is a friend to all and will clear our pasts of accumulated garbage and wash us pure and white: no cost just faith.

Titus
Chapter 3:
3 “For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another. 4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; 6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; 7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.”

Know God, know peace. Amen. 11-22-2020 BLL


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day