Lifted Up

 


Lifted Up

How often do we lift up “holy” hands to praise God? Are we apt to lay the blame for our disease and infirmities to his charge? We might feel ourselves being dealt with unjustly. We lift up our withered frame on our death bed, raise up doubting hands and cry “why Lord, why.” Too often, as lifted up and trembling hands search the heavens we forget; “none the less thy will be done.” We can only ask these questions because Jesus was sacrificially lifted up for us.

Luke 17:11 “And it came to pass, as he went to Jerusalem, that he passed through the midst of Samaria and Galilee. 12And as he entered into a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off: 13And they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us... they were cleansed. 15And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God, 16And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan.

John 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: John 12:30 “Jesus answered and said, 32And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. 33This he said, signifying what death he should die. 
John 8:28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

John17:1 “These words spake Jesus, and lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said, Father the hour is come;  As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
Mark 15:25 “And it was the third hour, and they crucified him.”
Mark 16:6 And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him.
Raise up holy hands. Know God, know peace. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day