Press On

 

Press On

Travel in the hills of Virginia, especially on the north side, can be taxing. When I was a young man I roamed these hills frequently and for long periods of time. Feeling the need to be at every desired spot at the same time, I was in a stealth rush. Even then the body panted for rest. Short stops would be made at planned locations. Quickly the urge to climb on overwhelmed and the thought “press on” started weary feet moving. Sadly the body withers and the journey is not possible. Still, there is a call from the hills that only we mountain folks understand. Though the call is open to all, only those tuned to receive it will hear and respond.

There is another call pressing on each and every one who follow after Christ. Press on weary pilgrim, press on. Sinners look toward the voice of your calling from God and press into it. Philippians 3:13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,”

 Philippians 3:14press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.” (2 Peter 15) “And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; 6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; 7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. 8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.”

Matthew 11:28 “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”

2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”

Hebrews 4:10For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.”
Hebrews 4:11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.”
Romans 8:25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.” Know God, know peace. Amen 11-12-2020 BLL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day