Strong Arm

 

Strong Arm

Way back when, young men practiced a contest called “arm wrestling.” There were many variations of the sport but the object was always the same. Each was determined to prove his arm was stronger than that of his opponent. Now, hand held computer games have replaced this physical strengths proving with mental and dexterity of arm skills. For the better or worse, I do not venture to say. What does God’s Word reveal?

Psalms 89:10 Thou hast broken Rahab in pieces, as one that is slain; thou hast scattered thine enemies with thy strong arm.”
Jeremiah 21:5 And I myself will fight against you with an outstretched hand and with a strong arm, even in anger, and in fury, and in great wrath.”
Examples of God’s strong arm litters the bible record much as leaves in the deep woods at closing of fall.
Psalms 37:17 “For the arms of the wicked shall be broken: but the LORD upholdeth the righteous.”
Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”
1 Corinthians 16:13 “Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.” Genesis 49:24 “But his bow abode in strength, and the arms of his hands were made strong by the hands of the mighty God of Jacob;”
Judges 15:16 And Samson said, With the jawbone of an ass, heaps upon heaps, with the jaw of an ass have I slain a thousand men.”
Mark 16:6And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him.
2 Corinthians 13:4 For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you.”
Deuteronomy 31:6 “Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he [it is] that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.”
2 Corinthians 12:9-10 “And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”
Jude 1:25 “To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.”
There is streingth in wisdom. Know God, know Peace. 11-19-2020 BLL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day