Revival through the Word

Revival through the Word

1 ALEPH. Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD. 2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart. 3 They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways. 4 Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently. 5 O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes! (Psalms 119:1-5)
Personal revival is possible only through a thirst for knowledge and a full application of God’s will to life. One cannot go against the will of God repenting not and expect to have victory in spiritual matters. “Seek and ye shall find, ask and it will be given thee” Is not just a suggestion but rather a precept of God. We must hunger for more knowledge, wisdom and understanding. When we fail to remember and practice faithfulness to Gods commandments, our soul weakens and we die in spirit.
Thy testimonies also are my delight and my counsellors.
My soul cleaveth unto the dust: quicken thou me according to thy word.” (Psalm 119:24-25)
Sometimes life’s battles takes their toll on our spirit and it weakens. I suppose every one of us at sometime in our Christian listened to the devil for a little while as he told us we were unworthy and God would not address our needs. That of course is a Devil’s lie. To combat it, great wisdom is a handy weapon. When we feel like the enemy is winning, and our soul “melteth for heaviness” (Ps. 119:28). My soul melteth for heaviness: strengthen thou me according unto thy word.” Many of the psalms share these intense emotions and seek God’s face for relief and revival of of spirit and renewing of passion to do God’s bidding. These few verses in Psalm 119 were chosen because they provide a concise remedy that every Christian needs at one time or another in their walk of Light.
  • Open confession and supplication: “I have declared my ways, and thou heardest me” (v. 26).
  • Clear request for understanding: “Teach me thy statutes. Make me to understand the way of thy precepts” (vv. 26-27).
  • Reaffirmation for personal witness: “So shall I talk of thy wondrous works” (v. 27).
  • Bold request for spiritual strength: “Strengthen thou me according unto thy word” (v. 28).
  • Request to gain victory over habitual sin: “Remove from me the way of lying: and grant me thy law graciously” (v. 29).
  • Conscious declaration of personal commitment: “I have chosen the way of truth: thy judgments I have laid before me” (v. 30).
  • Remembering past righteous behavior: “I have stuck unto thy testimonies” (v. 31).
  • Plea for God’s favor and mercy: “O LORD, put me not to shame” (v. 31).
  • Expectant promise for future lifestyle of holiness: “I will run the way of thy commandments, when thou shalt enlarge my heart” (v. 32).
Revival in the church begins in the hearts of God’s chosen participants. Clean Spirit thirsty Christians know revival is as sure as the Word of God. We can see that revival assumes our own deep desire to live in accordance with God’s Word. God will “enlarge” our heart with wisdom, knowledge and understanding when we seek His face as Solomon ask of Him. (Psalm 81:10). “I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt: open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.” Has preparation been made in the hearts of those of you who are pleading for revival? Know God, know peace. Amen 09-05-2019 BLL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day