I Want to Know More About my Lord.....the Wayfarer 4/2/16

I Want to Know More About my Lord
 4/2/16
Proverbs 8:17-21 King James Version (KJV)
17 I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.
18 Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness.
19 My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver.
20 I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment:
21 That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures.
Unabashedly and unshakably, without shame, without fear of critical remark of any who might define this sentiment and sincere prayer of my own voiced within the words of yet another old Hymn penned by Lee Roy Abernathy, I would state that any who would reach the reachable and teach the teachable needs continue in their own ongoing growth prompted only by this desire to “know more” as well as to be more like Him each waking moment of existence.
This old song, like the proverb with which I opened is one of many favorites of mine, simply because they state better than could I the necessity of growing in Grace as we progress through all that leads to the result of that same Grace given through salvation by Jesus and Jesus alone.
That old hymn reminds us of this.
“While traveling through this world of sorrow, I’m on my way to glory land;
I’ll not turn back for some tomorrow, my trials here I’ll understand.
I’m glad I know the blessed Saviour, for through His blood He set me free;
Though rough the road, I shall not waver, for some glad day His face I’ll see.
He promised when His soul ascended, I’m coming back the Lord did say:
If on His promise you’ve depended on wings of love you’ll soar away.
I want to know more about my Jesus, I want to know more about my Lord:
I want to know more about that mansion I gonna receive as my reward.
I want to know more about that homeland. I mean to go there someday somehow
And after I reach that heavenly city I mean to know more than I know now.”
Sorrows and trials do not end with salvation and the acceptance of the gift of grace, but far more often begin in earnest as the journey is begun, as satan attempts to keep others from embarking on that same journey on that same path that has been chosen.
Glittering, glimmering fool’s gold puts in more appearance along the way that could, if allowed, distract the wayfarer, and destroy the will to continue the journey without the detours and side paths, that are offered in greater number, with ever increasing pressure to deviate and travel the more traveled road with those headed in the opposite direction.
Focus on the prize at the end of the journey is substantially reduced, replaced by focus on things nearer at hand that have nothing to do with the growth of that Grace, but in fact inhibit that growth.
As this is allowed to happen, the need to know more about Jesus is placed in a corner, forgotten, along with the need to continue to seek Him.
Bibles are closed, collecting dust, opened only on Sunday, if then; prayer offered only in times of trouble, and then usually only for selfish reasons for things that, too often have nothing to do with the destination of self, or others, but instead for things found along the journey to further distract and obfuscate that destination.
The proverb reminds us that those who love God are loved by Him!
Those who seek Him will find Him. You never find anything without first searching for it. Nothing is found where it is not, but where it is, and may only be found by searching for it where it actually is.
Misplaced keys come to mind, found, as is all else, the last place looked, because once found the need to look no longer exists, unless keys that look similar are found, only to frustrate the searcher all the more because they do not fit what is to be unlocked.
Acts 4:12 King James Version (KJV)
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
Unlike keys that are similar in shape and size that do not fit, once the Key is found, there is no doubt that it is the correct and only copy in existence, that provides entry way into the kingdom!
That Key remains the only WAY, its Truth apparent to any seeking LIFE.
Yet, there are many who misplace that Key, and begin to search places it is not to be found, before finally coming to the realization that it may only be found the same place originally found, in the Word of God, in prayer, in redemption given for repentance by Jesus Alone!
The old song states, “I’m glad I know the blessed Saviour”.  Any who know Him should be glad indeed, yet realize that that knowledge is not completed until the end of the journey, therefore requiring further tutelage, continual seeking of that tutelage along each step of the journey.
That tutelage will also be found, only where it truly exists, in prayer and within the Word of God that remains crystal clear if pursued fully and completely.
The psalmist reminds us that the fruit sought by us and given us by God, is fruit better than any wealth that may be given by men, and that the riches and honor that comprise that fruit are priceless in comparison to them.
A portion of that fruit is the necessity to lead others to where it is found, remembering the fool’s gold being offered them as well as us along the way.
 Matthew 28 : 18-20
18." And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20. Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen
Leaders must be led. Teachers must be taught.
Each should, themselves want to know more, be more and do more, not for themselves, but for Jesus, Who knows more, IS more and has done and is doing more than any to come before Him, and certainly any who would attempt to come after Him.
I know only a little, of what he Has done, His mercy, evidenced with each breath I am able to take, His Grace that continually provides both opportunity and reward when that opportunity is used to glorify Him… His Love that I have the expectation and assurance of the promise made by Him, that I too will know more when that someday has come, and that the somehow was found while that breath was given me to take.
Again I state, unashamedly, unabashedly, unapologetically that I want to know more… and expect I shall as I stand in His presence, which is the purpose of the journey!

2 Timothy 1:12 King James Version (KJV)

12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Amen and Amen
the Wayfarer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day