If Jesus Comes Tomorrow  What Then...the Wayfarer 9/26/16



If Jesus Comes Tomorrow  What Then?
9/26/16

Matthew 26:63-64
King James Version (KJV)
63 But Jesus held his peace, And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.
64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
Jesus was neither evasive nor misleading when he spoke these words to the high priest, who would be judge in a sham trial with the false witness of those speaking against him. To speak less than the Truth of Who He was would have freed Him, but the embodiment of that Truth could speak no less than that Truth.
His answer was both warning and promise, warning to those refusing to accept that Truth, and promise to those accepting it.

Matthew 16:24-28
King James Version (KJV)
24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.
That same truth was given over and over throughout His ministry, that same warning was sounded, that same promise was given, the same prerequisite unchanging, that same desire for the grace to be accepted communicated clearly to all who would simply hear His Word.


Matthew 25:31-46
King James Version (KJV)
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
 Today’s opening scriptures bring us to the title, and the song used to communicate that same warning and promise, each half of the gospel, both communication of its whole, the whole of the most needed message ever given to mankind.


If Jesus Comes Tomorrow  What Then

written by Vern Gosdin and Max D. Barnes
If Jesus comes tomorrow to spend some time with you
Would you answer all His questions or lie to hide the truth
Would you welcome Him with open arms or even let Him in
If Jesus comes tomorrow  what then

                                    
If Jesus calls your number could you leave today
Are you ready to lay down your worldly goods and walk away
Would it take a month of Sundays just to tell Him of your sin
If Jesus comes tomorrow  what then

  
If the sky turns black as midnight in the middle of the day                                                
And somehow you knew that Jesus would soon be on His way
Would you have to beg forgiveness or could you reach out and take His hand           
If Jesus comes tomorrow  what then

When is that tomorrow to come? Soon for each and all, too soon for those who refuse to admit the Truth of that tomorrow while time allows today.
Hebrews 11:1-6
King James Version (KJV)
11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
For by it the elders obtained a good report.
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.
By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
That diligent seeking must take place for the acceptance of the Truth of the promise, a seeking that recognizes the warning as well, and the consciousness of the times not recognized by those refusing the warning, and with it the promise as well.
Luke 18:7-8
King James Version (KJV)
And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?
I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
The question asked by the song, is the same question posed by Jesus, and the question I would leave with you as well.
If Jesus came tomorrow, what then?
I have my answer, and the assurance that is given through it. I pray that each find that same answer.
2 Timothy 1:12
King James Version (KJV)
12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
Amen and Amen
the Wayfarer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day