All Knowing

ALL kNOWING

O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me.” (Psalm 139:1)

In his 139th Psalms King David began with a wise prayer to the omniscient, omnipresent, holy Creator God, the King of kings. David’s purpose in this prayer is to reflects on and praises God for His majestic attributes, it leads him, as it should us, to look into his relationship with God.

David wrote that God knows:Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thoughts a far off. Psalms 139:2 He also knows our destination and habits, Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. (Psalms 139:3). Thus we must be careful how we apply our body members in serving Him. Be careful little mouth what you say. Psalms 139:4 For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.”

You see, He knows our words better than we do ourselves. In everything, God knows and guides (v. 5). “Such knowledge is too wonderful for me” (v. 6), Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it. David claims, that neither he nor we, trapped as we are in this flesh, can comprehend this omniscience of God.

There is no where on earth or in the heavens that we can go to escape His omnipresence (v. 7 reads) Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?

There’s no hiding place down here neither in heaven nor in hell (v. 8 reads). If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. Not to the air or the sea.” (v. 9 reads) If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;



Neither darkness nor light prevents God’s eyes from centering upon us.(vv. 11-12) "If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. Nothing can shield us from His presence. In all, He leads and guides (v. 10 continues) "Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
Realizing this awsome power and ever presence of God should compel us to praise and thankfulness as it did David, especially as it relates to our own creation and growth. God has known us, knows us intimately and will always know us. Praise be to God! God knew us in the womb (Psalms 139:13) For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb” (vv.14-16). He knew and planned all the events of our lives. God controlled their running. 14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them. “How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God!” (v. 17 & 18). 17 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
18 If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee. They are innumerable. No man can count the extent of the numbers. There is no math formula that can represent such a vast accounting. David wondered that the wixked was still living in such sin. (Psalms 139 19 – 20) 19 Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: depart from me therefore, ye bloody men.
20 For they speak against thee wickedly, and thine enemies take thy name in vain.
21 Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?

Meditation and personal application of God’s word makes David painfully and sadly aware of his own sinfulness, If we study it as we should, it should us as well. Recognition of God’s nature must bring us to a place of submission and a desire for holiness, as well as a yearning to follow fully the omniscient God. “Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting” (vv. 23-24). Know God, know peace 06-12-2019 BLL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day