“A Millstone for a Nation”...the Wayfarer 4/2/14


“A Millstone for a Nation”
 4/2/14
“At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?
And Jesus called a little child unto him and set him in the midst of them,
And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
And whoso receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.
But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were cast into the depth of the sea.”
(Matthew 18:1-6)
What has become of a nation that held dear the teachings of the gospel, that it should ever submit to the throes of political correctness and deny a child the  right to simply pray over its food at lunch in a school in that same country because of a fear of offending the sensibilities of adults?
Despite my ire at the morning news that delivered this latest persecution of anything and everything deemed Christian by all government agencies in fear of lawsuits and losing funding, I know within my heart the answer to my own question.
It has become a nation ignoring all teachings of God and attempting to replace them with the equity of mankind instead.
Those in authority of even the smallest of offices continue in their efforts to prove that they are the greatest within the kingdom of man, forcing the lack of belief, lack of faith that they themselves have, even into the confines of a place supposed to grow and educate children to hold a valid place in society.
Morality is no longer to be taught. What is taught in its place is an effort to remove morality from even the youngest who recognize the need of God’s blessing upon them.
God’s blessing is being ignored in the hope and change touted as blessings to be derived from men instead of God.
My prayer for that child I reference in the “news” of the day, as well as for myself and all who continue to hold that belief in my Lord above any deceit that may attempt to be substituted is found within the following Psalm:
“Judge me, O God, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation: O deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man.
For thou ART the God of my strength; why doest thou cast me off? Why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?
O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles.
Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God.
Why art thou cast down, O my Soul? And why art thou disquieted within me? Hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance and my God.”
(Psalm 43:1-5)
I have the succor of knowing that God is God. I have the surety that God will judge righteously all things, to include all those who deny even the smallest of his children the faith given them.
I have the sustenance of knowing that despite the machinations of any power on earth, any government on earth, any tin pot purveyor of the things attempting to replace my God with the teachings of man, that the battle they wage against both me, and HIM is lost before they ever started it, won through the Savior I choose to honor as did that child whose simple faith prompted yet another persecution to be called into the judgment of my God.
I close in praise of that child, in praise of that faith, in praise of my God, and in defiance of any and all who would refute my Savior and the teachings, knowing that my defiance has been met with HIS righteous judgment.
I remain the same simple sinner saved by the grace of that same God that child chose to honor through faith in that same Jesus also honored by that child, and denied only by those who hold man above God himself.
I remain also the adamant soldier chosen to stand guard for that child and all like her against those whose millstones are already in place, and for whom, the raging seas await with a surety of the promise made by One who fulfills all promise, unlike the men honored by those in denial of HIM.


2 Timothy 1:12 King James Version (KJV)

12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
Amen and Amen
the Wayfarer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day