I am Praying for You...the Wayfarer 8/11/16

Image result for prayer art

I am Praying for You
8/11/16

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 King James Version (KJV)
16 Rejoice evermore.
17 Pray without ceasing.
18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Rejoicing and prayer go hand in hand, accompanying each other like hand in glove. Thankfulness for the assurance given us by Christ Jesus exceeds all other blessings that could bring any joy, joy that needs to be shared constantly, despite the sorrows of a world that rejects that joy, searching vainly for it elsewhere.
That joy produces contentment despite circumstance, again to be shared, and to be wished, sincerely, for others to find as well.

Philippians 4:11-13King James Version (KJV)
11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
12 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

The strength of that sincerity lies, not in accomplishment for self, not in accomplishment lauded and applauded, but is accomplished fully when the prayers of thanks for what has been done includes prayers for those so obviously in need of the acceptance of the promise delivered by Christ Jesus, so obviously rejecting that promise, accepting instead the pale substitute provided them by the world, a world that rejected and continues to reject Him.
Today’s hymn is one not often heard, at least by myself, in the gatherings I have attended and continue to attend. In fact, it is a hymn that should be sung, and a prayer to be prayed regularly and consistently by those gatherings.


I’m praying for you.
I have a Savior, He’s pleading in glory,
A dear, loving Savior though earth friends be few;
And now He is watching in tenderness o’er me;
And oh, that my Savior were your Savior, too.
Refrain
For you I am praying,
For you I am praying,
For you I am praying,
I’m praying for you.
I have a Father; to me He has given
A hope for eternity, blessèd and true;
And soon He will call me to meet Him in Heaven,
But, oh, that He’d let me bring you with me, too!
Refrain
I have a robe; ’tis resplendent in whiteness,
Awaiting in glory my wondering view;
Oh, when I receive it all shining in brightness,
Dear friend, could I see you receiving one, too!
Refrain
When Jesus has found you, tell others the story,
That my loving Savior is your Savior, too;
Then pray that your Savior may bring them to glory,
And prayer will be answered—’twas answered for you!
Refrain
Speak of that Savior, that Father in Heaven,
That harp, crown, and robe which are waiting for you—
That peace you possess, and that rest to be given,
Still praying that Jesus may save them with you.
Refrain
The prayer contained within the hymn is one needed for all those we profess to love, and to be prayed for them… and to be prayed for all others as well… including those remaining in direct opposition to the love conveyed by that prayer, whose attacks will never cease unless and until that promise given us by Jesus is accepted by them, and the prerequisite terms of that promise are met.

Matthew 5:43-48King James Version (KJV)
43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Perfection is not unobtainable. It is, however unobtainable when not sought with diligence.
Man’s nature is to seek both his own righteousness, and his own vengeance, rather than the righteousness of God alone, and leaving vengeance in the hands of the One to Whom it belongs, never conceding the TRUTH of God’s righteousness and that what is just is for Him alone to decide.
The very nature of the creature called man opposes this teaching of Christ that is another means of conveying the single commandment left us by Him.

John 13:34-35King James Version (KJV)
34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

It is with that commandment in mind that we MUST press toward the mark of perfection, begging forgiveness for any failure of having yet attained it, comprehending that that attainment CAN and Shall be reached.

Philippians 3King James Version (KJV)
3 Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe.
Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.
For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.
Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:
Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

As we press toward that mark, let us be aware of the requirement to pray diligently for others, all others, and to give legs to our prayers through actions that show the strength of faith that may lead them to that same precious mark.
Pray, diligently, sincerely.

James 5:16 King James Version (KJV)
16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Never allow those faults to succeed in prevention of prayer. Never allow the neglect of prayer to become one of those faults. Never forget that prayers do not go unheard by the Father. Never surrender to the world.
Surrender and submit instead to the commandment of the Lord and show that Love through both prayer and life.


2 Timothy 1:12 King James Version (KJV)

12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Amen and Amen
the Wayfarer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day