Is it Right?

IS IT RIGHT?

Some 2,000 years age Jesus walked and taught to the extent that His allotted time allowed. He left a testimony and His word to guide us in questionable situations and occurrences in life. Since only a comparatively few people would ever meet Jesus first hand, He left parables that we could understand. He knew the heart of man was all together evil and that left alone that evil would prevail. Lives would be shattered, heats broken and trust destroyed. There would be jealousy, passive behavior and neglect and this without remedy. He spoke to the disciples giving directions as how to interact one with the ther. Matthew recorded it in this fashion:

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal. (Matthew 25:34-46

Two things Mom taught me concerning dealing with others: One, “Oh what a tangled web we weave when we first practice to deceive.” Secondly, “Be careful little feet where you trod, be careful little hands what you do and be careful little mouth what you say.” Now I am sure she was not the author of these but they guided me.

You might ask: How does this apply to me: Well God said that if we loved each other we loved him and he loved us. In our relationships with one another, we must be careful to be an “up-lifter” and not a “down-doer.” We are not alone! Hearts and minds become involved one with another or even in groups. It is easy to do or say something that will offend another. Be careful little mouth what you say. It is NOT RIGHT to cause hurt or harm to one of God’s children; His brothers and sisters. I’m sure many of us have been involved in a love relationship. Satan hates love. If he can he will put a stumbling block in its path. When he does someone gets treated poorly. Even now there are christian verbally fighting in the worship centers of God. Parents and children take up arms against one another. Hate, fear or mistrust pushes some to mass killings. God said as we do these things in supposed secret, He feels the hurt and He knows and He knows the pain.. What’s more, He will give recompense in due season as well as in this very time. So parents, Christians, children and even couples, if there is conflict from Satan’s interference in your life remember the things Mom taught me. Be attentive to each others feelings. NO, it is not righ to put more stripes on the back of Jesus by inflicting sorrows upon his children. Tread softly as you walk away from undesirable confrontations or even entire relationships. NO! It is not right to cause offenses against Jesus Christ through His brothers and sisters. Know God, Know peace. Amen 05-26-2019 BLL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day