Stablish thy Word...the Wayfarer 7/22/14

Stablish thy Word


7/22/14


 

"Stablish thy word unto thy servant, who is devoted to thy fear."
(Psalm 119:38)
God's word has long been established by Him, unchangeable, irrevocable, constant in content and context for any and all willing to search it out and devote the minute amount of time needed to read, hear and comprehend its meaning.
Comprehension alone, however, is inadequate.
Along with that comprehension, belief and obedience must coexist for any effectiveness to have taken place. In other words, a devotion must be established as well, a fear of God must also exist within any who would be His servant.
This short segment of the 119th Psalm, labeled "HE" within the subdivision of its content, is a prayer given by its writer that that writer find both, that comprehension, and fear, in order to find the favor of God that is being sought in his life.
"Teach me, O Lord, the way of thy statutes: And I shall keep it unto the end.
Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea I shall observe it with my whole heart.
Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein do I delight.
Incline my heart unto thy testimonies, and not to covetousness.
Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; and quicken thou me in thy way.
Stablish thy word unto thy servant, who is devoted to thy fear.
Turn away my reproach which I fear: for thy judgments are good.
Behold, I have longed after thy precepts: quicken me in thy righteousness.
(Psalm 119:33-40)
"Teach me" are the words used to begin this section of this Psalm, not, "hear me and my own concepts of what is needed by me".
Few are willing to be taught what the statutes of God are, preferring the statues and laws of men that allow them more latitude to simply ignore those higher statutes.
When those statutes are put aside, whether by those wishing to live in the abomination of their own corrupt desires, or simply put aside to provide for the "equality" of those same, those statutes are violated, ignored, and placed in subservience to the laws of the men making their own laws, who have no desire to either understand or observe those of God.
Understanding is forfeited for the greed of self, vanity is placed above God, and all that is required of us by Him.
Reproach from God is placed below the reproach of men in importance to those having no desire to be taught or to observe.
Justification for that violation and utter ignorance, is attempted through the lack of understanding, lack of observation and lack of steadfast establishment of the reality of the continuity of what has already been established for us by God...not man.
Judgment of men is substituted for the divine judgment already given by God, Whose judgment is not only good, as noted by the writer of the Psalm, but final as well.
Hearts are not inclined to the testimonies of God, as given by all mankind, throughout all of history, also readily available for those willing to read and comprehend the results of the deviations created by the various concepts and teachings of men that have led consistently to the failures that were inevitable, of their societies and governments, as God, and His statues were denied for those precepts taken from the minds of men that allowed them to violate those statutes the writer asked to be taught.
The writer concludes this short section noting that HE longs for the precepts  that quicken, or make him alive in the precepts of GOD through the righteousness of GOD as opposed to that false righteousness of men.
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth shall pass, one jot or one title shall in no wise pass from the law till all be fulfilled.

Whosoever therefor shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called least  in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall DO and TEACH them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

For I say unto you, that except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, YE SHALL IN NO CASE enter into the kingdom of heaven."
(Matthew 5:16-20)

The word has been established, comprehension, observance and obedience remain to follow!


2 Timothy 1:12 King James Version (KJV)

12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Even so, come quickly, Lord Jesus.

Amen, and Amen.
the Wayfarer

   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day