We Shall Overcome...the Wayfarer 8/7/16

Image result for we shall overcome. art

We Shall Overcome
8/7/16

John 8:44 King James Version (KJV)
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
It has been said, and sadly true, that the greatest lie ever told was told by the father of lies, and that lie is that he does not exist.
His existence is, however obvious and evident.
The opposite of good is evil, the opposite of love is hatred; both are manifested through the efforts of Satan, the author of the darkness spoken of by Jesus.
Evil’s existence comes in many forms, even coming under the guise of benevolence and equality.
Evil exists on every street, within every house, within the hearts where it chooses to reside.
It exists in addictions, drugs, alcohol, substance abuse of every kind imaginable. It exists in starvation, in gluttony and greed. It exists in disease of every description stealing lives from the vulnerable and innocent as well as the capable and those full of worldly knowledge touted as both book smarts and street smarts. It exists in the “sciences” the ideologies, the philosophies, and all that is argued by man in behalf of himself, as he proclaims his importance.
Evil exists in the apathy exhibited by all toward all others when concerns of the eternal soul is neglected and negated amid concerns about the temporal and temporary. It exists within the anger and chaos that devastates all who fail to overcome it.
The lie proliferates itself as all that is sacred is denied, because of the inconvenience of the Truth of its existence.
The very acceptance of that lie by a large majority is evidence of the existence of Evil.
Today’s title comes from an often heard hymn that haunted a nation not that many years ago, and should continue to be remembered and continue to haunt that and all other nations.

We Shall Overcome

We shall overcome, we shall overcome
We shall overcome someday
Here in my heart, I do believe
We shall overcome someday
We'll walk hand in hand, we'll walk hand in hand
We'll walk hand in hand someday
Here in my heart, I do believe
We'll walk hand in hand someday
We shall live in peace, we shall live in peace
We shall live in peace someday
Here in my heart, I do believe
We shall live in peace someday
We are not afraid, we are not afraid
We shall overcome someday
Here in my heart, I do believe
We shall overcome someday
We shall overcome, we shall overcome
We shall overcome someday
Here in my heart, I do believe
We shall overcome someday
We shall overcome someday

It is within that majority that a minority must exist as well, a remnant cognizant of that existence of evil, unwilling to succumb to it, cognizant also of the means of overcoming it, victorious despite it.
Having heard an uplifting sermon this morning, taken from Matthew’s 17th Chapter, interspersed with other scriptures as well, I know that I am not alone within that minority, that remnant, and take encouragement continually from each other, and giving encouragement to each, that resoundingly rejects that majority, in full knowledge that that rejection relegates them joyfully to that minority.
The point of the sermon given was one of focus, and where that focus belongs.
Distractions come into play only when allowed to continue to take priority over that focus.
The focus needs to remain on what was given through the sacrifice of Christ Jesus, through His resurrection, and through his constant ability to deliver to the believer the promise of eternal life.
The WAY, The TRUTH, and the LIFE also exists, cannot be denied, cannot be defeated, cannot be taken from those choosing that belief over the distractions that are themselves a portion of the evil that will exist until His return.
John 14:1-7 King James Version (KJV)
14 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

Fear is a part of that evil, equally consuming for those who allow it priority; but has also been overcome for those who choose to believe.



  Matthew 10:28 King James Version (KJV)
28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

The soul cannot be destroyed by the lie, but will be destroyed by the acceptance of that lie.
Some wish to protect themselves and others from the TRUTH, when the only real protection is in existence is that TRUTH.
That TRUTH has been given through the WORD of God, and exists only in that precious WORD, Christ Jesus!

John 16:31-33 KJV
31 Jesus answered them, Do ye now believe?
32 Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me.
33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

It is only through Him that we shall overcome, not only the world, but the father of lies as well.
Revelation 1:18 King James Version (KJV)
18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
Amen and Amen
the Wayfarer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day