I'm Working on the Building

Image result for temple construction art

I'm Working on the Building

Matthew 7:24-25 King James Version (KJV)
24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

Today’s title comes from a hymn sung over the years by many different artists, with words that differ with each artist, yet maintain one constant theme that is the thread holding together a common concept that is addressed with the opening scripture chosen, precious words given us as promise by Jesus, followed by words of warning also given us by Him as well.

Matthew 7:26-29King James Version (KJV)
26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
28 And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:
29 For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

Each life being built is being worked on daily, both by the one living it, and those who provide the stone and mortar for that building. It is, however the one living that life that chooses both who brings what stone and what mortar, and on which foundation, that life is to be built.


I'm working on the building
I'm working on the building, it's the true foundation
I'm liftin' up a blood-stained banner for the Lord
Oh, I never get tired working on the building
I'm going to heaven to find reward

When you see me praying, I'm working on the building
I'm liftin' up a blood-stained banner for the Lord
Oh, I never get tired working on the building
I'm going to heaven to find reward

When you hear me singing, I'm working on the building
I'm liftin' up a curtain banner for the Lord
Oh, I never get tired, oh, I'm working on the building
I'm going to heaven, get my reward


I'm liftin' up a curtain banner for the Lord
Oh, I never get tired working on the building
I'm going to heaven, get my reward

When you see me crying, I'm working on the building
I'm liftin' up a curtain banner for the Lord
Oh, I never get tired, oh, working on the building
I'm going to heaven, get my reward

I'm working on the building, it's the true foundation
I'm liftin' up the blood-stained banner for the Lord
I never get tired, oh, I'm working on the building
I'm going to heaven, get my reward

Stone and mortar are provided, brought to the building by teachers, friends, acquaintances, and every experience that influences the choices being made by the individual making the choices, accepting, or rejecting what is taught, what becomes BELIEF, and where FAITH is placed, whether that belief comes from the teachings of those who build their own foundation on the rock that is the WORD of God, or the sand that is the ideology of man’ wisdom, whether that Faith is placed in the Way, provided by the TRUTH, that leads to the LIFE provided in the promise of the opening scripture, or that faith is placed in the detour leading away from the WAY,TRUTH, and LIFE…leading instead to the reward earned by acceptance of the lie that reject the promise and ignore the warning.

Matthew 7:13-14 King James Version (KJV)
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

As each building is built, the strength of its completion relies on the placement and care given that placement of each stone.
Plumb lines establish the sturdiness as do squares used to assure that it is not haphazard, wandering and weakened when complete.
Tell lines are stretched taught to assure that each row of the stones placed lie securely on the foundation, and that as it rises each stone is properly aligned vertically as well as horizontally with the others which comprise the final building.
It is not unusual to see stones replaced that refuse to align themselves, because shape and size do not match in, either too large or too small, or improperly cut for their intended purpose.
These are monitored and supervised by the builder referring constantly to the blueprint, the master plan that provides the guidance for the completion of the building.
If that blueprint is followed, the plan followed the end result is the intended result. If not followed, then shoddy workmanship and shoddy materials substituted result in a shoddy and unacceptable building that cannot pass inspection and cannot be used.
Having said this, I leave you with the questions in regard to buildings being worked on.
On what foundation are you building? Which materials are you accepting for your own building, and what are you carrying to the builders that you are supplying, as you are yourself supplied by others?
The building must eventually reach completion… when it does will it rely on the sturdiness of its foundation on the rock, or face the destruction of both the foundation on the sand as well as the weakness of walls improperly built from improper sandstone material that cannot last?
I choose the rock, I choose the blueprint given by Christ, I choose the materials given by Him through His word, I pray that I carry them to others as well as the buildings continue the process of being worked on.
Amen and Amen
CMc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

Why