Jesus Loves Me (Senior Version) CMc

Image result for jesus loves me art

Jesus Loves Me (Senior Version)
Philippians 4:11
King James Version (KJV)
11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
Prompted by the posting of a contributor to the social media, today’s dissertation is a reminder of the necessity to recognize the contentment that is ours when the promise given us by Christ is fully and completely comprehended and accepted.
Too often, as age, and its inevitable consequences take effect, the tendency is to focus on those consequences, and wistfully reminisce about the youth that has been lost, instead of considering and joyfully anticipating the endless youth that awaits in the freedom granted us by Christ Jesus, delivered when the soul is freed from the corrupt physical body temporarily housing that soul.


"Here for you now is a Senior version of Jesus Loves Me":

Jesus loves me, this I know,
 Though my hair is white as snow
 Though my sight is growing dim,
 Still He bids me trust in Him.
 (CHORUS)
 YES, JESUS LOVES ME. YES, JESUS LOVES ME.
 YES, JESUS LOVES ME, FOR THE BIBLE TELLS ME SO.

Though my steps are oh, so slow,
 With my hand in His I'll go
 On through life, let come what may,
 He'll be there to lead the way.
 (CHORUS)
 YES, JESUS LOVES ME. YES, JESUS LOVES ME.
 YES, JESUS LOVES ME, FOR THE BIBLE TELLS ME SO.

When the nights are dark and long,
 In my heart He puts a song...
 Telling me in words so clear,
 "Have no fear, for I am near."
 (CHORUS)
 YES, JESUS LOVES ME. YES, JESUS LOVES ME.
 YES, JESUS LOVES ME, FOR THE BIBLE TELLS ME SO.

When my work on earth is done,
 And life's victories have been won.
 He will take me home above,
 Then I'll understand His love..
 (CHORUS)
 YES, JESUS LOVES ME. YES, JESUS LOVES ME.
 YES, JESUS LOVES ME, FOR THE BIBLE TELLS ME SO. .

I love Jesus, does He know?
 Have I ever told Him so?
 Jesus loves to hear me say,
 That I love Him every day.
 (CHORUS)
 YES, JESUS LOVES ME. YES, JESUS LOVES ME.
 YES, JESUS LOVES ME, FOR THE BIBLE TELLS ME SO.

Solomon lamented that loss of youth throughout the book of Ecclesiastes, revisiting and reminding any willing to listen that youth, and the vanity that it carries with it is a fleeting moment in the long view of eternity, leaving lessons that were, and are mostly ignored by the possessors of that youth, who still seek their answers in the same way they were sought by him, finding only those same answers found by him when that time of youth has expired and the time to face the reality of eternity exposes itself in the finality of what is yet to be.
His summation at the end of that book remains worthy and pertinent, as does the sequence of advice that is given throughout it, a sequence I would urge all to consider at length, and to use as it was intended, to bring the youthful to the conclusion of that summation while young and most able to make use of the advice given.
Ecclesiastes 12King
 James Version (KJV)
12 Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;
While the sun, or the light, or the moon, or the stars, be not darkened, nor the clouds return after the rain:
In the day when the keepers of the house shall tremble, and the strong men shall bow themselves, and the grinders cease because they are few, and those that look out of the windows be darkened,
And the doors shall be shut in the streets, when the sound of the grinding is low, and he shall rise up at the voice of the bird, and all the daughters of musick shall be brought low;
Also when they shall be afraid of that which is high, and fears shall be in the way, and the almond tree shall flourish, and the grasshopper shall be a burden, and desire shall fail: because man goeth to his long home, and the mourners go about the streets:
Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.
Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
Vanity of vanities, saith the preacher; all is vanity.
And moreover, because the preacher was wise, he still taught the people knowledge; yea, he gave good heed, and sought out, and set in order many proverbs.
10 The preacher sought to find out acceptable words: and that which was written was upright, even words of truth.
11 The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd.
12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.
13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Solomon did not have the teachings of Christ Jesus to guide him during his life, yet he sought and was granted the wisdom for which he was renowned.
He found consolation and hope in the promise of the Savior, yet to come, and faith in the promise of the resurrection that brings with it the judgment of God, equitable and righteous judgment that each must face.
That same equitable judgment, and justice remains the inevitability of all men, choices having been made throughout life once presented to them.
The important distinction to be taken between Solomon and his choices and our own, is the coming of that Savior in the person of God’s Son to provide a better means, now the only means of atonement for the sin that existed for him, and us as well that is to be judged.
The atonement given through the sacrifice of Jesus is perfect atonement once accepted by us, as HIS blood is now the only blood that may make that atonement.
Once having accepted that atonement, the perfection of the love given us  should remain visible, and the joy of the knowledge of that love is carried with the assurance of the promise given through His resurrection, and our own as well.
 His single commandment, and its being kept, remains the whole duty of man, and the best and only means of showing our love of Him.
John 14:15-21King James Version (KJV)
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
Amen and Amen
CMc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

Promise

A Giving Heart